ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hopeful

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Gizzywizzy

Hopeful

Post by Gizzywizzy »

:wink: :wave
Hi all ,getting slightly nervous, interview on this wk, but looking forward 😀, sounds crazy always a job wanna of done .hope all goes well

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Hopeful

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Good luck, check through the different forums some of the new starter threads have interview advice.

Mainly it's about working as a team, as an individual, and also when you have targets to meet - all pretty standard stuff.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

Gizzywizzy wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 22:56
:wink: :wave
Hi all ,getting slightly nervous, interview on this wk, but looking forward 😀, sounds crazy always a job wanna of done .hope all goes well
How did the interview go mate?
Gizzywizzy

Post by Gizzywizzy »

:roll:
Think the interview went reasonably well but still not heard nothing back as yet
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Gizzywizzy wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 17:30
:roll:
Think the interview went reasonably well but still not heard nothing back as yet
Good to hear it went well mate. I'm still waiting to hear if I've even been lucky enough for an interview.

What questions did they ask you?

Regards

Norfolk N Chance
Gizzywizzy

Post by Gizzywizzy »

A customer service time I experience
A way I helped colleagues
Can't remember the other 2 questions sorry
Was nervous, but the gentleman who interviewed me made me feel at ease
Where u located in applying for a job,how long ago did u apply also,good luck too
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Gizzywizzy wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 19:07
A customer service time I experience
A way I helped colleagues
Can't remember the other 2 questions sorry
Was nervous, but the gentleman who interviewed me made me feel at ease
Where u located in applying for a job,how long ago did u apply also,good luck too
Gizzywizzy, Im in Norfolk. Despite having an MSc and 37 years experience and a very broad range of skills I didnt even get an interview. Bit miffed really so its back to veg picking for less than minimum wage sadly...
Gizzywizzy

Post by Gizzywizzy »

:sad:
Tbh it's near 2wks not heard nothing back ,so not holding much hope now unfortunately, really wanted this job too,but oh well ,back to plan one
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Gizzywizzy wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 11:19
:sad:
Tbh it's near 2wks not heard nothing back ,so not holding much hope now unfortunately, really wanted this job too,but oh well ,back to plan one
Gizzywizzy, I know that feeling. I'd have been happy to accept a zero hrs contract and worked an extra 2hrs of unpaid overtime everyday just to have got it.

Got to wait 6 months before I can try again and thats on the basis that another vacancy even comes up at the DO near me.

Hope your plane one pays some dividends.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

The whole process takes an age, if you have had an interview just hang tight.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Gizzywizzy

Post by Gizzywizzy »

:d'oh!
Ok thank u ,one thing that sounds reasonably positive, someone told me I got a good chance ,so fingers 🤞 the outcome be good
Really not wanna go back to my toxic employment, with the toxic people 🙄 lol
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Gizzywizzy wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 13:32

Really not wanna go back to my toxic employment, with the toxic people 🙄 lol
:nervous Ok.

Only joking, I think lol
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Gizzywizzy

Post by Gizzywizzy »

:chuckle
Gizzywizzy

Post by Gizzywizzy »

:nana
Yay got offered the job 😄
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Well done mate, keep us updated with how you get on. :Very Happy
I Wrote
My BFF Clash