ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Possible start at RM with agency no training

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Martian1

Possible start at RM with agency no training

Post by Martian1 »

Hi and hello everyone my first post :angel as per title i have basically had a 3 hour induction at my local post hub and it was info overload. I have never done deliveries so a total newbie. I am pretty worried about starting the job as it seems a recipe for disaster without any training its a case of pick up a van check it over load it and off you go. I am not sure how the route system works loops were mentioned etc the thing is does the PDA planner just take you to the first area or loop you load up ( deciding if to take just a bag or trolly) and basically walk the surrounding streets deliver what you can then back to van to next location etc ?
Advice anyone obviously apart from don't do it :d'oh! It is not a massive problem for me if it doesn't work out as its only part time but i would like to make a go of it. The excuse for the lack of doubling up with an experienced postie is Covid so no 2 in a van.

Thanks all

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Possible start at RM with agency no training

Post by POSTMAN »

You need full training mate, at least a few days( should be 2 weeks) with a proper postie.
You will not be able to do anything without it!
PDA does nothing for your route except to scan parcels you deliver/not deliver.

See the new starters forum for tips but you could be onto a hiding to nothing, sorry.
viewforum.php?f=56
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.