ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Local post office closing - alternatives?

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
t3rm3y

Local post office closing - alternatives?

Post by t3rm3y »

Hi, hoping this is posted to correct forum, the local village post office (in a corner shop) is closing down , from what i understand it is due to not making enough revenue, and a centralised sorting office will be/is located in the nearest town, but a lot of the villagers are complaining that they wont have access, it has been mentioned that a van has been used in other nearby villages that comes by a certain number of times per week to allow people to post items.

Im just curious as to what other alternatives have been implemented in other locations where this is happening?

wallan

Re: Local post office closing - alternatives?

Post by wallan »

Notice Displayed Showing Closing Date , Notice should also show what Alternative Facilities are available near by
t3rm3y

Post by t3rm3y »

Im not sure if it does, i havent seen a notice of it closing. but i know it is, and i know a lot of people are worried about being able to send items ,or collect items has other locations managed to find successful solutions where the local village post office has closed and the nearest is not walkable,?
How would i find out this information?
wallan

Post by wallan »

Contact Post Office Enq