ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Historical errors RMPP pension scheme

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
rusty
POST OFFICE

Historical errors RMPP pension scheme

Post by rusty »

Very concerned about this . It relates to the Defined Benefit Pension Scheme ( RMPP) which closed in March 2017 . I worked for 39 years as a counter clerk . Did a range of hours from full time to different part time hours . Have no wage slips etc to challenge anything that PO might say . I personally thought my pension was on the low side . Awaiting to see what the outcome of this is ….

rapheal21

Re: Historical errors RMPP pension scheme

Post by rapheal21 »

Post Office is currently putting forward the position that it needs to find out exactly how much it is going to cost to put right these mistakes before making any decisions. We believe this is completely irrelevant. This is money the company should have paid in contributions to the scheme for our members over the years and hasn’t. Both CWU and Unite have made it clear to Post Office that under no circumstances should the pension “surplus” be used to rectify these errors as in our view the surplus is the members’ money, ring-fenced for distribution to the members at a time and via a method agreed by the Trustee.
As outlined in the attached Joint letter to members, CWU and Unite are calling upon Nick Read to face up to his responsibilities by committing Post Office to augment the scheme to pay for the errors it made. I’m certain that anything less would be unacceptable to our members.