ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Horizon Scandal

Post Office® discussion forum for our Post Office® colleagues from Crown, Franchise to Sub Post Offices.
Running Man
POST OFFICE

The Horizon Scandal

Post by Running Man »

Whilst it is truly amazing to see numerous Postmasters cleared of any wrongdoing with regards to the erroneous Horizon system, it is also really gratifying to see Post Office managers dragged through the mud by the media.
We have known for many years how inept, self-serving and narrow minded the alleged senior managers of the Post Office are, and now it seems to be their turn to face the music.
With Vennells at the head of her amoral and judgmental team, they all should face criminal investigations for their actions and inactions with regards to this national disgrace.
'Sorry' just won't do on this occasion and I for one am ecstatic at the PO managers being exposed on a national level, for being truly inept on a monumental scale.
"They couldn't see what should have been so obvious".

Woody Guthrie

Re: The Horizon Scandal

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Well the way I see it the Post Office has aggressively pursued Postmasters for alleged and subsequently proven fictitious losses so...shouldn't they be pursuing previous and current PO bosses for real losses (potentially over £1bn) accrued from incompetence, negligence, gross misconduct and potentially criminal activity by aforementioned people.

Only fair I would say.
Only dead fish follow the current
Running Man
POST OFFICE

Post by Running Man »

Very well said Woody.
I couldn't agree more.
martinlangley

Post by martinlangley »

So far the media discussion has consistently UNDERSTATED the seriousness of this matter. Its perfectly obvious from published material and cases that the Post Office and its lawyer accomplices PERVERTED THE COURSE OF JUSTICE.

They laid information before magistrates courts which they knew perfectly well were downright damned lies! In addition to straight Perjury, - this had the consequence that the justice system robbed, libelled and and falsely imprisoned several hundred innocent British people.

Anaemic pronouncements like "lessons must be learned", or "Its all the computer's fault", or "There should be a judge led enquiry" are simply pathetic. What is needed is called a TRIAL, in which the criminals responsible are subjected to the full force of the law.

The penalty for the above offence is LIFE IMPRISONMENT, and I look forward with relish to seeing Paula Vennels and her lying, thieving cronies go down for a very long time indeed.
NWpostie

Post by NWpostie »

The Post Office right to investigate and prosecute should be permanently withdrawn as its been abused using flawed evidence.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Running Man
POST OFFICE

Post by Running Man »

NWpostie wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 15:09
The Post Office right to investigate and prosecute should be permanently withdrawn as its been abused using flawed evidence.
Agreed.
Given the lack of ability and professionalism in most areas of PO management, this entitlement totally baffles me.
I see this as the PO being allowed to act almost as investigator, prosecutor, judge and jury.
I can't believe this archaic system has lasted so long.
PostalOfficer
POST OFFICE

Post by PostalOfficer »

Every time I read or hear something about this case, it just gets worse, even down to the PO ignoring their own barrister when he warned them they may have breached their duty as a prosecutor.

Thankfully I was never directly involved with any of this, but one thing really struck home. One S/pmr commented on the radio, "I was told I was the only one having problems". Very similar to my office being told "It's only you that can't sell insurance, office X has no problems". Of course we found out the office X were being told how bad they were as well!

A few daft questions:

If the PO maintained that large sums of money were 'missing' from branch accounts, where was it?

How much were the PO going to save in man hours by cutting our balancing time? Has this been out-weighed by the compensation they have paid (and will pay)?

I have heard the PO will have insufficient funds to pay future compensation and this will fall to the taxpayer. Is there some reason that PO cannot sue Fujitsu for providing a defective system and let them foot the bill?
Gpz1100

Post by Gpz1100 »

How many crown staff could there be who were sacked and/ or prosecuted, or lost their job due to losses caused by the horizon system ?