ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel went to wrong country

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Deedee12

Parcel went to wrong country

Post by Deedee12 »

Hi,

My parcel was sent on 20th Jan to Turkey with RM signed for; unfortunately it ended up at LA sorting office on the 26th instead.

I check everyday for an update and it is still stuck at Los Angeles Sorting Office.

Could you please help me what can I do? How long does it take them to understand this parcel has mistakenly ended up there and needs to be sent to Turkey.

Many thanks.

Dee

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Parcel went to wrong country

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Post Office is a very quiet section so moved to customer section to get more views.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. The USPS system is struggling mightily at the moment and there are huge delays with the political, weather and Covid Situation (and recently electricity power outages).

What they should do when they next scan it is to either return it to Royal Mail in the UK, or more likely they will send it to direct to Turkey.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

You should be able to make a claim for the delay at least.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Deedee12

Post by Deedee12 »

Thank you.🙏
Deedee12

Post by Deedee12 »

Hi,

My item still at LA sorting office (since 26th January).

I called RM customer service six times, ended up with no one to talk to.😔

All I need to know is why LA sorting office takes so long to understand they have an wrong parcel and needs to be sent back to the UK or to the destination country? Will I ever have my item delivered either way?

Many thanks.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Best guess is that there's a shortage of cargo capacity going from the US to the UK. With less commercial flights between the two, you've got the same amount of mail (maybe more these days) effectively competing for a reduced amount of cargo space on flights to the UK. I doubt that there are any direct flights between the US and Turkey.

Don't know if USPS are on Twitter (I expect they will be), might be worth tweeting them perhaps
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Deedee12

Post by Deedee12 »

Thank you for your replies.

I will try Twitter. Hope I can get some answers.🤞

Kind regards,

Dee
rackham23

Post by rackham23 »

MY TRACKING FOR AN ESSENTIAL ITEM IS AS FOLLOWS ( SENT FROM ARIZONA - UK ) PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL (6-10 DAYS)

Anybody able to shed light as to why no update in 6days? thought it may have been customs but ive read usps scan the item as soon as it lands in the uk so cant be that, can it? any help appreciated TIA

2021-03-10 13:06
UNITED STATES, LOS ANGELES, Arrived -> Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on March 10, 2021 at 1:06 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

2021-03-10 10:51
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility

2021-03-10 08:40
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility

2021-03-10 08:40
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility

2021-03-09 16:36
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2021-03-09 15:53
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility

2021-03-09 14:39
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2021-03-09 07:08
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX, Departed USPS Regional Facility

2021-03-08 23:46
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2021-03-08 15:08
LAVEEN, AZ 85339, USPS in possession of item
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Looks like it hasn’t gone on the plane yet, so not held up in customs as such. This could be caused by a shortage of flights, or one of many other issues related to Covid.

“Essential item” is a bit of a red flag, this often seems to mean something that will cause problems with customs or dangerous goods rules. What exactly is in the package?