ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New Royal Mail uniforms fail to deliver as people say 'they look like Star Trek costumes'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

New Royal Mail uniforms fail to deliver as people say 'they look like Star Trek costumes'

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... l-23576749

New trial uniforms for staff include e unisex belts, black 'hi-tech' leggings and hi-vis waterproofs - but not everyone thinks the look is first class

They include unisex belts, black “hi-tech” leggings and hi-vis waterproofs.

But postal workers have criticised the updated kit.

One on the Royal Mail forum ( Yes it is us) uploaded a photo of William Shatner in the Star Trek sci-fi series, and wrote: “Where’ve I seen those red and black uniforms before?”

He said: “I know Royal Mail are more focused on us being a dedicated parcel courier, but do we really have to copy DPD’s uniforms?”

Others claimed bright yellow “stormproofs” made them look like crossing patrols.

One said: “They forgot to provide the lollipop stick for the yellow stormproof uniform.”

The new look is failing to deliver for some posties

The kit, which Royal Mail calls “the performance wardrobe”, is the first redesign for almost a decade.

It includes chinos for women and a cross between a polo top and a shirt, branded a “sholo”.

The trousers have pocket for a dog peg, a tool laun-ched in 2011 to let posties pop letters through a door if they fear being bitten.

The new Royal Mail uniforms can make you look like Scotty from Star Trek

Royal Mail’s Field Operations Director Ricky McAulay said: “Royal Mail postmen and postwomen are at the heart of the communities in which they work.

“Their highly recognisable red uniforms help cement this relationship of trust with our customers.

"We worked closely with our people to come up with these designs, poised to help them in their highly physical jobs while reflecting the shift towards parcels.”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

Yamr1

Re: New Royal Mail uniforms fail to deliver as people say 'they look like Star Trek costumes'

Post by Yamr1 »

There better looking than what we've got the now
Dorset Plodder

Re: New Royal Mail uniforms fail to deliver as people say 'they look like Star Trek costumes'

Post by Dorset Plodder »

POSTMAN wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 20:34
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... l-23576749
Royal Mail’s Field Operations Director Ricky McAulay said: “Royal Mail postmen and postwomen are at the heart of the communities in which they work.

“Their highly recognisable red uniforms help cement this relationship of trust with our customers.

Exactly "Ricky" that's why you shouldn't make us look like a bunch of TWATS! Like the RED Clown Shoes .. and RED Fleece (Still in the plastic bag at the back of the cupboard) .... I wear the OLD Navy Blue one. A much more suitable colour for work wear IMHO. :hmmmm

"We worked closely with our people to come up with these designs, poised to help them in their highly physical jobs while reflecting the shift towards parcels.”
Oh Yeah who did you "work closely with Ricky"? A couple of your mates sat around in the office with some input from a "Design Consultant" ;liar Why don't you start from the Base Line.... What have you already got that works? .... What could we keep and IMPROVE with a few tweeks?
Of course that would mean actually talking to some WORKERS on the Frontline :shock:

Instead of that we'll just throw the Baby out with the Bathwater... Again :arrrghhh You'll get a pat on the back for a lovely "New Look" (that won't come off because most of us Posties are not Models and either Look like a Bag of Shite tied in the middle ..... or wear our own kit that does the job properly) and we'll end up with a few bits of kit that will be marginally better and a lot of kit that's still CRAP! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

waterproofs bright yellow :d'oh!
looks like were emptying the bins :left:
or helping kids across the road :arrrghhh
PostmanBitesDog

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

RMtv 26 February - Uniform trial

Celgar

Post by Celgar »

I'll concede that the vans and postboxes have always been red but our uniforms have mostly been blue in colour until very recently. Even now a lot of us don't wear any of the red uniform. The current stormproof coats are more a shade of dark pink than a red. The lighter ' so-called waterproof ' cost is red but most of us don't wear it as it is like a leaky dustbin bag. Wake up and smell the coffee - you can release a load of ugly and ineffective uniform if you like but we don't have to wear it !!!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
xardineiro

Post by xardineiro »

https://youtu.be/FCARADb9asE

"Star Trekkin" by the Firm 1987.
NWpostie

Post by NWpostie »

Problem with red is dirt shows up easily and some can be very difficult to remove, blue is easier and more work friendly.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Wolf91

Post by Wolf91 »

Seriously, who thought a fluorescent yellow storm coat was in any way: a good idea and/or in keeping with company colours?? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Skuse
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Skuse »

Wolf91 wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 01:09
Seriously, who thought a fluorescent yellow storm coat was in any way: a good idea and/or in keeping with company colours?? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
The class 3 yellow is for us MGV and Heavy goods drivers
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

NWpostie wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 23:38
Problem with red is dirt shows up easily and some can be very difficult to remove, blue is easier and more work friendly.
So the question is: how long till we cycle back round to a dark blue uniform?
Bonus question: how much will RM pay some design consultants to realise this and redesign the uniform?
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
Celgar

Post by Celgar »

Mr Rush wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 17:47
NWpostie wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 23:38
So the question is: how long till we cycle back round to a dark blue uniform?
Bonus question: how much will RM pay some design consultants to realise this and redesign the uniform?
Answer: I and probably many others are still wearing all or partial dark blue uniform.
Bonus answer: Consultants will get paid more money than a postman can ever earn. The result will be a new leaky stormproof jacket in a colour so hideous no one will accept it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Dorset Plodder

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Celgar wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 10:11

Answer: I and probably many others are still wearing all or partial dark blue uniform.
Bonus answer: Consultants will get paid more money than a postman can ever earn. The result will be a new leaky stormproof jacket in a colour so hideous no one will accept it.
Yep I'm one of them Celgar .... The "Old" Harrington Jacket .... Best bit of kit ever. :thumbup I'll basically please myself until the DOMs decide to grip all the youngsters wearing Go-Faster Trainers they can sod off! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Duran

Post by Duran »

Best Jacket, was the Double Breasted Donkey Jacket. I actually still have one, hung up in the garage i think.