ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW AGREEMENT REACHED : FULL DETAILS... HERE

ROYAL MAIL DELAYS : PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS A BIG BACKLOG IN THE SYSTEM, WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO DELIVER WHAT WE CAN DAILY BUT UNFORTUNATELY IN SOME AREAS THERE WILL BE DELAYS. PLEASE HAVE SOME PATIENCE AS WE ARE DOING WHAT WE CAN.Postal workers of royalmailchat.co.uk

ANNOUNCEMENT : BREXIT : IMPLICATIONS ON MAIL AFTER THE UK'S EXIT FROM THE EU... HERE

Attempted robbery from Royal Mail worker prompts police search in Bedminster

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Attempted robbery from Royal Mail worker prompts police search in Bedminster

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... ce-4882193

A thief attempted to steal a mailbag off a Royal Mail worker in Bedminster this afternoon (January 12).

Police are searching the area following the attempted robbery, on Bedminster Parade, at about 5.30pm.

The thug fled the area empty-handed after the incident.

An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: "We’re investigating an attempted robbery of a Royal Mail employee in Bedminster Parade, Bristol, at about 5.30pm today.

"The offender tried to take a mailbag, but made off empty-handed.

"A search of the area is being carried out and enquiries are ongoing."

For news tailored to your local area, powered by In Your Area:

Anyone with information should call 101.

Alternatively, can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form.

No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will not go to court or have to speak to police when contacting Crimestoppers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.