ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail post boxes being stolen from villages across Warwickshire

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail post boxes being stolen from villages across Warwickshire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/ ... g-19301330

Police are investigating a spate of post box thefts from villages across Warwickshire.

Four post boxes have been stolen from rural parts of the county within a matter of days of each other, stripping communities of access to the local access service.

In the early hours of Friday, November 13, a freestanding Royal Mail post box was forced off the wall in Station Road in Bishops Itchington.

Another post box was taken - as well as its wooden standing post - from Chadhurst.

Over in Fosse Crescent, another post box was taken from its freestanding wall in Fosse Crescent in Princethorpe and stolen.

Then, overnight between Saturday, November 14 and Sunday, November 15, the post box in Brook Lane, Moreton Morrell was taken off its post and stolen.

There have been rumours that the boxes were stolen for their metal value.

But a Warwickshire Police spokesperson said they are following up a number of lines of enquiry.

"At this point we do not know the reason for the thefts and are following up a number of lines of enquiry, this is being done by PC Taylor in our Rural Crime Team," the spokesperson said.

"We are working with Royal Mail, Historic Mail and Staffordshire Police who have had similar incidents reported."

As part of the investigation, rural crime team officers want to hear from anyone with information.

Details can be passed on by calling 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, which is free to call from a landline and confidential, on 0800 555 111.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Bill23

Re: Royal Mail post boxes being stolen from villages across Warwickshire

Post by Bill23 »

I suppose someone has thought to check out EBay? There are a dozen RM boxes for sale there for £500 +? Not saying they're stolen of course.