not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What it's like to work on the front line of the mail service during Covid-19 pandemic

25 Mar 2020, 14:09

https://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/ne ... right-now/

REPORTS have come in that Royal Mail workers are receiving no protection from their bosses in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic.
A Royal Mail worker’s wife, from Basingstoke, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the Gazette: “Employees are getting no protection from bosses. They are still working with no hand sanitisation, gloves or masks.
“I am vulnerable, having had breast cancer 18 months ago. I have followed NHS guidelines, staying at home, but my husband has had no consideration at all. This is despicable behaviour from Royal Mail.”

The source said Royal Mail staff are handling hundreds of parcels and knocking on people’s doors every day.
“Royal Mail are allowing my husband to go out there and are putting him in danger. I feel afraid,” she added.
She said her husband is continuing to work or will be put on sick pay.
“They do not truly understand that they are putting lives at risk,” she added.
Another anonymous wife, from Basingstoke, said: “Royal Mail is supposed to provide gloves and masks. They have never provided hand sanitizer or cleaning wipes. It is hard to stay metres apart and they will not allow a man who had a transplant last year to self-isolate.”
The Gazette has contacted Royal Mail for comment

What it's like to work on the front line of the mail service during Covid-19 pandemic

25 Mar 2020, 17:35

According to the article, RM say that gloves are available... they were saying that 2 months ago.... still not seen any.

25 Mar 2020, 20:50

Thanks for the post.

The excuse of, "everyone is trying to get sanitiser and wipes, so sourcing is difficult", really doesn't cut it. We should be issued with these things regardless of any current virus doing the rounds. After all, "health of staff and customers is a priority".

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1