not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Online isolation notes launched - providing proof of coronavirus absence from work

21 Apr 2020, 20:47

Have a friend in a similar situation - took about two weeks to recover, so well over 7 days, then after two days of feeling better felt poorly again. GP diagnosed chronic fatigue syndrome, apparently it could be fairly common amongst those who’ve had COVID-19 - https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... syndromes/

Basically, managers expecting staff to have ‘routine’ experiences of this, of feeling better after 7 days and coming back as fit as before, are idiots.

Online isolation notes launched - providing proof of coronavirus absence from work

09 May 2020, 13:41

Now got a meeting Mon 8am potentially ending in Stage 2 warning due to getting bad dose of it that took 3 weeks to be able to recover from. Union rep still missing in action.

09 May 2020, 13:58

Stagestar wrote:Now got a meeting Mon 8am potentially ending in Stage 2 warning due to getting bad dose of it that took 3 weeks to be able to recover from. Union rep still missing in action.

If you had coronavirus symptoms for 3 weeks you had no option but to follow Government and NHS guidance and continue to self isolate.

It was not your decision to make and I wouldn't accept a stage warning in that situation.

What I would suggest members do if they're still showing symptoms after 7 days is contact NHS111 and get another isolation note.

10 May 2020, 09:07

There is no time limit if you have the virus it can take months to recover from and be fit enough to do our job some may never be fit enough again if this is the case your doctor will be able to sign you off.

10 May 2020, 10:15

cpsteve wrote:There is no time limit if you have the virus it can take months to recover from and be fit enough to do our job some may never be fit enough again if this is the case your doctor will be able to sign you off.

I don't think they yet know what the long term affects of the virus will be on people who have had it

14 May 2020, 21:21

situation.

What I would suggest members do if they're still showing symptoms after 7 days is contact NHS111 and get another isolation note.

He wouldn't accept another isolation note. Insisted on a GP sick note even though surgery said GPs not doing them. Ended up with wife pleading in tears for something, even if just headed letter stating GPs not handling coronavirus and all to be done via 111. Ended up with a sick note from sympathetic GP for another two weeks, which I needed.

Meeting to investigate "excessive absence" tomorrow. Managed to get hold of union in end, rep coming with me. Wish me luck!

18 May 2020, 15:26

He issued a bloody AR2 warning!

19 May 2020, 18:27

I wonder how long it will be before employers decide that online isolation notes won't be sufficient for authorised absence from work. It's ok the government stating this but I've heard of a few cases where workers have been dismissed because they were ill via coronavirus. Employers might decide that only a positive test or proof from this new tracking app will be sufficient in the future.

From what I've read, many of those that have been lucky enough to have taken the test have had to wait days before getting a result,if the test wasn't inconclusive for any reason,which is not what anyone wants.

19 May 2020, 20:10

Stagestar wrote:He issued a bloody AR2 warning!

I would speak to the union and potentially look at taking this further. It would be a f***ing terrible look for Royal Mail to to be seen to be punishing employees who are sick with this virus, especially as it is now widely known that it can and does effect people for an extended period of time.

20 May 2020, 15:31

Union have been involved all along and say just to suck it up. Can only raise grievance if feel they're not adhering to Royal Mail's own procedures (which they are) and they say Gov guidelines are just that, guidelines. So Royal Mail can do what the manager decides despite medical and scientific advice/information.

20 May 2020, 15:47

Contact coronavirus.support@royalmail.com tell them everything in detail, they can be quite helpful.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2