https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news ... salisbury/
A SERIAL post box thief has stolen more than a dozen from across Wiltshire in just over two months.
Since the end of August, Wiltshire Police officers say they have received 12 reports of Royal Mail boxes being stolen at various locations across the county.
Four of these were stolen on September 12.
They are all working post boxes, the type which are fixed to a pole, and have apparently been cut free from the posts and stolen.
Officers believe they have been stolen for their scrap value.
The locations are:
• West Lavington (stolen on August 31).
• Fonthill Gifford (September 10)
• Langley Wood, Salisbury (September 12)
• Briar Leaze, Compton Bassett (September 12)
• Corsley Heath, Corsley, near Warminster (September 12)
• Springfield Road, Rowde (September 12)
• Manningford Bruce (September 23)
• Manningford Abbots (September 26)
• Wilsford (September 27)
• Easterton Sands, Easterton (October 9)
• Westwood Road, Trowbridge (November 1)
• Mill Lane, Poulshot (November 2)
PC Michelle Haley said: “These are the 12 offences which have been reported to us, but there is a possibility that there have been further incidents which haven’t yet been reported.
“The thieves seem to be targeting post boxes in quieter, rural areas, and not only are they stealing the boxes but also the mail inside.
“These boxes may have been stolen for their scrap metal value, or perhaps because they may be collectable items, so we are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
“If you have seen any post boxes for sale in unusual or suspicious circumstances then please contact us.”
Anyone with information should call PC Haley on 101, quoting crime reference 54190109101. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.