not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

27 Sep 2019, 19:04

heapsy wrote:If you haven't done anything wrong, it can work in your favour.

I was shown the GPS plot on Google Maps for a tracked item a customer claimed not to have received. Without going into identifying specifics, the doorstep scan location was off by 10 to 20 metres. As I knew I was in the right, I did some research on another map site and found public GPS tracks were substantially inaccurate in that area - probably due to terrain.

Doing things properly isn't enough to protect you. Imagine if there was a bug in the PDA software and it cost you your job... oh wait, it already happened to all those postmasters that were wrongfully imprisoned.

27 Sep 2019, 19:12

That's a fair point. Problem is RM take their word as gospel.

29 Sep 2019, 17:16

Mr Rush wrote:

I was shown the GPS plot on Google Maps for a tracked item a customer claimed not to have received. Without going into identifying specifics, the doorstep scan location was off by 10 to 20 metres. As I knew I was in the right, I did some research on another map site and found public GPS tracks were substantially inaccurate in that area - probably due to terrain.

Doing things properly isn't enough to protect you. Imagine if there was a bug in the PDA software and it cost you your job... oh wait, it already happened to all those postmasters that were wrongfully imprisoned.

on the subject of those postmasters,....were they ever exonerated after the case. and compensated?

29 Sep 2019, 18:48

daveyeff wrote:
Mr Rush wrote:

on the subject of those postmasters,....were they ever exonerated after the case. and compensated?

See here: https://www.jfsa.org.uk/#

and

https://www.postofficetrial.com/2018/07/about-me.html

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4