not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

21 Sep 2019, 11:51

I don't agree with the tribunal, it clearly wasn't intentional delay of the mail the guy may have just misplaced or overlooked the special, the fact he was at the delivery point should meet the criteria of a successful delivery anyway, if he'd entered into the pda he couldn't deliver it at 12.59pm which is entirely true as nobody was to hand to sign for it, and then proceeded to get a signature at 1.01pm there'd be no case to answer anyway as it wouldn't even flag up on the system.

Shocking that somebody has 29 years service and no loyalty or discretion is shown.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

21 Sep 2019, 15:43

so it is fair to say that this ''manager'' did indeed have it in for him. he could've simply disregarded the bank ''reggie'' as most decent managers or even crap managers would've done. but because he's got previous, he made himself a target. I agree it was not wilful delay but they've took a chance to get rid of him by looking for any excuse, and they found it. being late with his tribunal forms didn't help him neither. sad SAD state of affairs. he'll lose his pension as well. (unless he's already in receipt of it). 29 yrs down the swanney.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 08:14

I have absolutely no sympathy for the postie. If you read the full story, not the cwu version, you'd see why. The guy had been put on probation for leaving a van unsecured and while on probation had another sign for incident and was told one more and you're out......then the daft bugger waits in a queue until it's too late....really how stupid is that? You'd make sure you do everything right with your job on the line surely. You'd have just said someone has to sign for this now or it goes back. Simple. This 'story' is just the Union trying to spread propaganda at this time of ballot. It's shocking. Cwu should actually be fighting for people that do the job right.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 08:18

norm wrote:I don't agree with the tribunal, it clearly wasn't intentional delay of the mail the guy may have just misplaced or overlooked the special, the fact he was at the delivery point should meet the criteria of a successful delivery anyway, if he'd entered into the pda he couldn't deliver it at 12.59pm which is entirely true as nobody was to hand to sign for it, and then proceeded to get a signature at 1.01pm there'd be no case to answer anyway as it wouldn't even flag up on the system.

Shocking that somebody has 29 years service and no loyalty or discretion is shown.

Actually we've been told last week that this is no longer the case. If you scan again after one, then it's goes as a failure. Of cours, nobody told us that though.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 08:34

The Mirror has both sides of the story here, if you don't fancy wading through the tribunal judgement. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/r ... 140652.amp

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 11:16

daveyeff wrote:so it is fair to say that this ''manager'' did indeed have it in for him. he could've simply disregarded the bank ''reggie'' as most decent managers or even crap managers would've done. but because he's got previous, he made himself a target. I agree it was not wilful delay but they've took a chance to get rid of him by looking for any excuse, and they found it. being late with his tribunal forms didn't help him neither. sad SAD state of affairs. he'll lose his pension as well. (unless he's already in receipt of it). 29 yrs down the swanney.

He won’t lose his pension. It’s not Royal mails to take away

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 11:23

rambo1 wrote:
norm wrote:I don't agree with the tribunal, it clearly wasn't intentional delay of the mail the guy may have just misplaced or overlooked the special, the fact he was at the delivery point should meet the criteria of a successful delivery anyway, if he'd entered into the pda he couldn't deliver it at 12.59pm which is entirely true as nobody was to hand to sign for it, and then proceeded to get a signature at 1.01pm there'd be no case to answer anyway as it wouldn't even flag up on the system.

Shocking that somebody has 29 years service and no loyalty or discretion is shown.

Actually we've been told last week that this is no longer the case. If you scan again after one, then it's goes as a failure. Of cours, nobody told us that though.

Because it probably isn’t true. They stopped all this rescanning ready for delivery nonsense a few years back.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 11:32

deltaforce wrote:
daveyeff wrote:so it is fair to say that this ''manager'' did indeed have it in for him. he could've simply disregarded the bank ''reggie'' as most decent managers or even crap managers would've done. but because he's got previous, he made himself a target. I agree it was not wilful delay but they've took a chance to get rid of him by looking for any excuse, and they found it. being late with his tribunal forms didn't help him neither. sad SAD state of affairs. he'll lose his pension as well. (unless he's already in receipt of it). 29 yrs down the swanney.

He won’t lose his pension. It’s not Royal mails to take away

i'm afraid he will. he will be able to keep what HE'S paid in, but RM also pay in to it as well. they will deduct their contributions. this happens in nearly all cases of dismissal, unless of course you resign. but in this instance its too late for him to resign.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 11:58

daveyeff wrote:
deltaforce wrote:
daveyeff wrote:so it is fair to say that this ''manager'' did indeed have it in for him. he could've simply disregarded the bank ''reggie'' as most decent managers or even crap managers would've done. but because he's got previous, he made himself a target. I agree it was not wilful delay but they've took a chance to get rid of him by looking for any excuse, and they found it. being late with his tribunal forms didn't help him neither. sad SAD state of affairs. he'll lose his pension as well. (unless he's already in receipt of it). 29 yrs down the swanney.

He won’t lose his pension. It’s not Royal mails to take away

i'm afraid he will. he will be able to keep what HE'S paid in, but RM also pay in to it as well. they will deduct their contributions. this happens in nearly all cases of dismissal, unless of course you resign. but in this instance its too late for him to resign.

I don't believe that to be correct!

There have been cases where posties have been sacked for theft and have had there pensions reduced as a way of returning their ill gotten gains. But that is not the case here.

His pension will be deferred!

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 12:51

His pension will be frozen until he reaches NRA

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 14:10

well I think I am correct as it happens. deferred.? what if he is already 55, or even 60. then it wont be deferred will it. a guy was finished from the job at an office along from us and was ''firmly'' advised to resign or lose his pension. he was facing 'gross misconduct' same as this guy.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 14:13

he went against advice thinking his case was 'winnable' and hey presto, he lost more than half his pension.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 14:54

I asked the rep about it. he says once the guy was dismissed his pension was 'deferred' but he lost the right to accrued benefits. so he was down a lot of money, it has a big impact. some companies have it in their pension Ts&Cs. I think RMs is to do with 'gross misconduct'. when I say 'lose his pension' I don't mean all of it but you are down that's for sure. can be quite a bit in some cases.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

22 Sep 2019, 17:05

There’s much more to this story that is been mentioned in the article. It was a long list of offences plus a DOM who liked to pull the trigger.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

23 Sep 2019, 00:04

Just my thoughts:

1 I have been represented by D Percival several times. Knows his stuff. Is the ruling an attempt to descredit him?

2 1pm time measurement - as clocked on the PDA? Is this stated anywhere in RM rules?

3 A distribution driver who didn't want to go to SOMC came over to deliveries. Found it tough and became ill. Thought about suing for constructive dismissal. Got far better legal advice from his home insurance provider than CWU legal services.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

23 Sep 2019, 09:30

Here is the judgment, all is not what it seems...
Mr_R_Lockyer_v_Royal_Mail_Group_Ltd_2304480-2018_Full.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

23 Sep 2019, 16:02

I wonder if Mark Baulch thinks they still have a case?

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

23 Sep 2019, 20:01

Surprised no one has mentioned this previously ( although I could be wrong, has been known) if the postie has scanned the item whilst he waited before 1 he would have been ok. I have on a couple of occasions left it late to get to address by 1 but scanned before 1 but got the signature after & had no consequences.

Up the pinks

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

23 Sep 2019, 22:07

I think the issue here is the ease with which you can be put on serious warnings. Doesn't take genius to know van unsecured, could be as simple as window not shut properly. Van with no air con, easy mistake unfortunately.Also signing for item, should be nipped in bud but thousands do it and managers turn blind eye when suits, probably deserved.
Special, reminder not exactly noticeable, easy to lose track.
Crux of this for me would be his sick record, bet it's not good. And 2 year serious warnings, how the hell did any union agree to that one.
Union should never have allowed it to get to this stage in first place.

Outrageous sacking of postman demonstrates 'toxic workplace culture

23 Sep 2019, 22:33

I arrived at 2pm with a special. Got counselled by line manager. The work place coach told me that the issue of black / white labels had been brought up in meetings, as this had been a factor in my case. A genuine error on my part. Best thing to do is scan the bar code, NOT the 2D, before 1pm. He should have done that in the bank. This would have registered within the time limit when the signature went through.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3