not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Isle of Man Saturday letter deliveries to end next month

28 Sep 2019, 18:56

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Celgar wrote:
Deadly wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:I think it'll only be letters and flats that won't be delivered on a Saturday

Collections will still need doing too so maybe a parcels/collections hybrid duty?

If letters and flats delivery end it would have to be the 'small packets' as well which is anything below shoe box size. We all know how many of those we get. They could set up small collection duties for the Saturdays and still save a ton of money. Remember if this happens the RRIS payment will be withdrawn from our payslips which on mine is an £1820 pay cut per annum!! Mondays will be really busy if this comes off for those who survive the slaughter.

Never heard of an RRIS payment, what's it for?

Think its something to do with certain areas were it is difficult to keep staff. have read it on this site before.

Isle of Man Saturday letter deliveries to end next month

29 Sep 2019, 13:29

aiden01 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Celgar wrote:
Deadly wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:I think it'll only be letters and flats that won't be delivered on a Saturday

Collections will still need doing too so maybe a parcels/collections hybrid duty?

If letters and flats delivery end it would have to be the 'small packets' as well which is anything below shoe box size. We all know how many of those we get. They could set up small collection duties for the Saturdays and still save a ton of money. Remember if this happens the RRIS payment will be withdrawn from our payslips which on mine is an £1820 pay cut per annum!! Mondays will be really busy if this comes off for those who survive the slaughter.

Never heard of an RRIS payment, what's it for?

Think its something to do with certain areas were it is difficult to keep staff. have read it on this site before.

The RRIS is paid as far as I know to attract or retain staff because we have to work on Saturdays and most people want or need the weekends off work. I don't know if every postie receives this payment or not or if there are different amounts paid in different areas of the country. We get £35 gross per week in our DO. By wholely or mostly closing down the operation on Saturdays, and the ongoing pressure to move start times later in the day, our jobs will increasingly resemble most other jobs in the UK. This will inevitably result in our wages, and likely our working conditions, falling towards the lowest common denominator represented by the fake self employment 'gig' economy.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2