not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

HEAVEN SENT Dad told daughter, 4, 'heaven has postmen' after receiving letter from 'mum' after her death

05 Apr 2019, 10:38

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8791983/d ... mum-death/

Ella Lennon posted a handmade Mother's Day card four months after losing mum Jennifer to cancer - and got a reply from '1 Angel Gate in the Clouds, Heaven' just days later

A DAD told his daughter 'heaven has postmen' after she sent her dead mum a Mother's Day card - and received a surprise reply.

Ella Lennon, 4, posted a handmade card to mum Jennifer, 28, for Mother's Day just four months after losing her to cancer.

In a heart-warming twist, a Royal Mail employee penned a thoughtful reply on behalf of Jennifer telling the youngster she loves her "millions and billions and trillions".

Little Ella, from Kilmarnock in Scotland, was left "lit up" by the magical response from her 'mum'.

Her aunt Linda Ross, 24, has described the moment the youngster was shown the letter and heard the touching words.

I’m going to keep this forever Little Ella

Linda said: "When she got the reply Ella was so happy.

“She said ‘aww thank you mummy, I’m going to keep this forever’.

"Her wee mouth was open the whole time we were reading it."

Cancer nurse Linda and Ella's dad Dean, 30, read the reply away from Ella to make sure it was appropriate before showing her - and found the wording "suitable to her mum's memory and character".

Linda added: “For her to get that reply has meant so much to us.

LITTLE BIT OF MAGIC

“She did ask how the letter got here but seemed happy enough when we explained there are postmen in heaven and it took a little bit of magic."

“I think it will help her grieve without even realising. It will help her process what happened.

“If my sister was still here she’d be loving all this. She would joke she’s famous."

JENNIFER'S BATTLE
Jennifer passed away on December 8 last year after a four-year battle with brain tumours.

The mum of one was diagnosed with the killer disease just three months after little Ella was born in 2014, and a year after she wed sweetheart Dean.

She credited Ella for saving her life at the time and gave the youngster the nickname of “her little light”.

Linda explained: "After giving birth, Jennifer felt tired and anaemic all the time.

"She went to the GP who spotted something wrong behind her eyes.

"She always said if she hadn’t had Ella she might not have went to the doctors which means her tumour might not have been discovered and she wouldn’t have been here as long."

'BRAVEST PERSON I KNOW'
Over four years, Jennifer underwent three brain surgeries, six weeks of daily radiotherapy, six months of chemo and many neurological procedures during her four-year cancer battle.

But her condition deteriorated in the weeks leading up to last Christmas, receiving the devastating news she had only weeks or months to live.

She died five days later.

Paying tribute to her at the time, sister Linda said: "My sister is the strongest and bravest person I know who faced everything that was ahead of her with true courage.

"Jenny will live on through Ella who will never ever forget her. They have an incredible bond that will never be forgotten."

We told yesterday how Ella's story went viral on social media after Linda posted it on social media.

The tweet has since racked up more than 76,000 likes, with social media users left in tears at the sweet gesture.

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “We are all touched by this very moving story.”

To donate to a brain tumour fundraiser in memory of Jennifer, please click here. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... BrdLcEdCFg

HEAVEN SENT Dad told daughter, 4, 'heaven has postmen' after receiving letter from 'mum' after her death

05 Apr 2019, 20:05

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8791983/dad-told-daughter-heaven-postmen-letter-mum-death/

Ella Lennon posted a handmade Mother's Day card four months after losing mum Jennifer to cancer - and got a reply from '1 Angel Gate in the Clouds, Heaven' just days later

A DAD told his daughter 'heaven has postmen' after she sent her dead mum a Mother's Day card - and received a surprise reply.

Ella Lennon, 4, posted a handmade card to mum Jennifer, 28, for Mother's Day just four months after losing her to cancer.

In a heart-warming twist, a Royal Mail employee penned a thoughtful reply on behalf of Jennifer telling the youngster she loves her "millions and billions and trillions".

Little Ella, from Kilmarnock in Scotland, was left "lit up" by the magical response from her 'mum'.

Her aunt Linda Ross, 24, has described the moment the youngster was shown the letter and heard the touching words.

I’m going to keep this forever Little Ella

Linda said: "When she got the reply Ella was so happy.

“She said ‘aww thank you mummy, I’m going to keep this forever’.

"Her wee mouth was open the whole time we were reading it."

Cancer nurse Linda and Ella's dad Dean, 30, read the reply away from Ella to make sure it was appropriate before showing her - and found the wording "suitable to her mum's memory and character".

Linda added: “For her to get that reply has meant so much to us.

LITTLE BIT OF MAGIC

“She did ask how the letter got here but seemed happy enough when we explained there are postmen in heaven and it took a little bit of magic."

“I think it will help her grieve without even realising. It will help her process what happened.

“If my sister was still here she’d be loving all this. She would joke she’s famous."

JENNIFER'S BATTLE
Jennifer passed away on December 8 last year after a four-year battle with brain tumours.

The mum of one was diagnosed with the killer disease just three months after little Ella was born in 2014, and a year after she wed sweetheart Dean.

She credited Ella for saving her life at the time and gave the youngster the nickname of “her little light”.

Linda explained: "After giving birth, Jennifer felt tired and anaemic all the time.

"She went to the GP who spotted something wrong behind her eyes.

"She always said if she hadn’t had Ella she might not have went to the doctors which means her tumour might not have been discovered and she wouldn’t have been here as long."

'BRAVEST PERSON I KNOW'
Over four years, Jennifer underwent three brain surgeries, six weeks of daily radiotherapy, six months of chemo and many neurological procedures during her four-year cancer battle.

But her condition deteriorated in the weeks leading up to last Christmas, receiving the devastating news she had only weeks or months to live.

She died five days later.

Paying tribute to her at the time, sister Linda said: "My sister is the strongest and bravest person I know who faced everything that was ahead of her with true courage.

"Jenny will live on through Ella who will never ever forget her. They have an incredible bond that will never be forgotten."

We told yesterday how Ella's story went viral on social media after Linda posted it on social media.

The tweet has since racked up more than 76,000 likes, with social media users left in tears at the sweet gesture.

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “We are all touched by this very moving story.”

To donate to a brain tumour fundraiser in memory of Jennifer, please click here. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... BrdLcEdCFg

This little girl.. touched my heart... losing her mum... deeply.. saddened me.... what a brave little girl.. awesome

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1