not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Postman to deliver mail dressed as aubergine

14 Mar 2019, 16:35

https://www.northsomersettimes.co.uk/ne ... -1-5935277

Nigel dressed as his favourite vegetable ready for his postal round. Picture: Nigel Osmond

A postman will complete a round dressed as an aubergine to raise money for a Portishead charity.

Nigel Osmond will deliver post to homes around Portishead and Portbury on Saturday dressed as the purple vegetable in aid of The Benjamin Pritchard Foundation – Be More Ben – which supports bereaved families.

The Be More Ben appeal was set up by the family of eight-year-old Ben Pritchard who died of a brain tumour in November 2017.

Ben was a keen footballer and member of the Portishead Town Sparks team, which Nigel helped set up.

The 46-year-old, who is also a scout for Bristol City FC, said: “I picked the charity as I have known Shane and Sarah Pritchard socially for 20 years and I helped set up Ben’s new football team as a coach a year before he tragically passed away.

“The aubergine is obviously a bit silly and it’s an emoji I seem to use a lot on Facebook.

“It’s also my favourite vegetable of course.

“I don’t mind looking a wally for 11 miles and five hours on my round as long as it helps raise money.

“I’m hoping to raise £500 through the fundraising page I have set up and also another £300 on my post round.

“I deliver to Bristol Road, Heron Gardens, Sheepway and Portbury village and my wife will be following me with a Be More Ben collection bucket.

“Please dig deep for this fantastic charity.”

The Benjamin Pritchard Foundation aims to provide an informal support network for people affected by the loss of a child as well as offering ongoing services such as counselling.

It also offers peer support to families with a terminally ill child and supports professionals to develop their understanding of bereavement and loss.

The Be More Ben charity organises fun days and events in aid of the cause and it also supports Children’s Hospice South West where Ben was cared for during his final days.

Nigel has raised £700 so far through his fundraising page.

People can donate at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/nigel-osmond

Postman to deliver mail dressed as aubergine

17 Mar 2019, 18:31

Get your uniform on

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1