not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Man posted cannabis home to himself during visit to Amsterdam but was caught after postal workers smelt the drug in their Co Derry sorting office

01 Nov 2018, 16:55

https://www.derrynow.com/news/man-poste ... ice/255651

A man who posted cannabis home to himself during a trip to Amsterdam was caught after Royal Mail staff intercepted the letters at their sorting office in Coleraine, a court has heard.

Appearing before Limavady Magistrates Court today was Ryan Keenan, of West Gate, Ballymoney, charged with possession of a class B drug and importing a controlled drug.

The court heard that the offences came to light on September 6 when staff at Royal Mail claimed that they had intercepted a letter, which smelt of cannabis, and was addressed to a property at Somerset Court, Coleraine.

The following day, September 7, staff at the sorting office said they had come across a second letter which also smelt of cannabis and was addressed to the same property.

Following investigations, police attended the property on September 18 and spoke to 32 year-old Keenan who produced five bags of cannabis.

During interview, Keenan, a delivery driver, said he had sent two letters, containing cannabis, home to himself while he was in Amsterdam.

Keenan told officers that the drugs were for himself claiming that he had posted them to himself as they were ‘stronger’ and ‘they helped him to sleep’.

A solicitor told the court that it was’ not a sophisticated crime’.

He said Keenan visited Amsterdam four or five times per year, adding that this was the first time he had attempted to post home some drugs.

District Judge Liam McNally fined Keenan £600.

Man posted cannabis home to himself during visit to Amsterdam but was caught after postal workers smelt the drug in their Co Derry sorting office

02 Nov 2018, 07:22

Should have sent it Special Delivery...even the police can't open it apparently, according to our DOM and rep.

On my duty I went through a stage of regularly having packages that were quite clearly skunk for a couple of addresses. They were that potent it was all you could smell every time you opened the van up. Anyway, flagged it up to the DOM and then rep (mainly to make sure I wouldn't get in the s**t) and they didn't want to know. Because it's a special delivery nothing can be done about it apparently. :roll:

Anyway, upshot of it all? Nobody else cared so neither did i. Bit of ribbing from colleagues about being a drug mule, the van stunk like reefer paradise and the customers used to sign for the packages with a s**t eating grin on their faces.

Haven't delivered them for a little while now, nor seen the cheeky chappies in question, so maybe its annual holiday time at one of Her Madge's Hotels.

03 Nov 2018, 19:54

Snitches get stitches. :thumbup
Our office would have passed it around for a smell. I seriously doubt the police would have been called.

03 Nov 2018, 20:47

antcpfc wrote:Snitches get stitches. :thumbup
Our office would have passed it around for a smell. I seriously doubt the police would have been called.

WHY would the police not be called it is illegal. :hmmmm

04 Nov 2018, 20:09

Snitches get stitches? WTF?

I didn't snitch on anybody. Only reason I flagged it up was to cover my arse. As in maybe wheeling my York past a manager and them saying something like 'um, excuse me, how come you haven't mentioned the fact that that pouch smells like a Moroccan tea party?

I wasn't sure what to do so asked, just to cover my ass. Now I know no-one gives a s**t, neither do I, as was made pretty clear in my post I thought.

Stitches for snitches. FFS. :no no

04 Nov 2018, 20:20

There is always one twat in the office who thinks he is one of the Kray twins inner circle.
Postman gangsters make me laugh.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1