not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal Mail looks for thousands of staff as two Scots parcel centres open for Christmas rush

31 Oct 2018, 14:36

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/171 ... tmas-rush/

ROYAL Mail is set to open two temporary Scots parcel sort centres in time for the Christmas rush.

The centres are being set up to sort a significant proportion of the seasonal parcels Royal Mail handles.

It comes as, last year, Royal Mail handled around 149 million parcels during the extremely busy festive period.

Four other centres will open up across the UK.

Overall, around 2,700 seasonal workers will be based in the centres.

The Scots centres are based in Bathgate and West Lothian.

Staff will support Royal Mail’s 120,000 permanent postmen and women.

Royal Mail Group is taking on 23,000 seasonal workers in total this year across all its operations.

The postal service company has set up a dedicated website for people to apply for the Christmas positions.

Competitive pay rates are offered at all sites along with a flexible range of shifts, and for those who want to work flexibly or less than 20 hours a week.

To apply, head to christmasrecruitment.royalmailgroup.com, or emai Christmas_helpline@royalmail.com. Alternatively, call the automated helpline on 0345 600 1785.

Royal Mail looks for thousands of staff as two Scots parcel centres open for Christmas rush

01 Nov 2018, 13:23

Yes that's correct. They were offering the Xmas CASUALS the minimum wage of £7.83 per hour for day shift and £8.43 for nights( miserable b.......s) until they found out Amazon are starting Xmas staff on £11.26. So Edinburgh MC upped this to £10.50 days and £12.46 for nights. But not in Glasgow MC where it's still the minimum wage and in Aberdeen ND it's 50p per hour more for the same shifts in Glasgow. Utter bullshit. I know their only their for Xmas but their still people and the union should sort this out because RM have wanted to bring in a regional pay structure for years with Scotland and North England on less than Birmingham for example. Yes they have the London allowances and South eastern high cost supplements but they want it ALL different as nobody would fight for wages if all on different pay rates.

01 Nov 2018, 15:03

The Scots centres are based in Bathgate and West Lothian.

As far as I was aware Bathgate was in West Lothian, unless they've moved it since I last looked.

03 Nov 2018, 19:43

I don't think they've moved Bathgate LOL it is still in West Lothian.
Scotland has only one parcel sort center for processing 2nd class mail at Christmas , there used to be two , one for Glasgow and one for Edinburgh but for the last few years they have combined both at the same outhouse.
Yes the rates are good , but expect to be very very cold as the heating is non-existent.
:thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1