not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Lib Dem councillors ask Royal Mail to consult customers on closing Muswell Hill delivery office

19 Oct 2018, 12:19

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/councillo ... -1-5742082

Ten Lib Dem councillors have called for the Royal Mail to ask customers their thoughts about the planned closure of the Muswell Hill delivery office

The letter, authored by Fortis Green councillor Justin Hinchcliffe and sent to Royal Mail CEO Rico Black, said they are “alarmed” to hear it is consulting on the delivery office in Muswell Hill Broadway.

They say: “We understand [...] this particular consultation is only open to staff. Why are users of this much-used delivery office being excluded?

“We are not only asking you to record your own opposition to this bizarre plan, but to formally open up this consultation to include users, customers and residents.”

The former delivery office in Hornsey closed three years ago and the Muswell Hill office is the last in the west of the borough. If closure goes ahead, the nearest will be in Wood Green, two bus journeys from Muswell Hill.

A Royal Mail spokesperson declined to comment.

Lib Dem councillors ask Royal Mail to consult customers on closing Muswell Hill delivery office

20 Oct 2018, 22:55

Ask Vince Cable :Boo hoo!

21 Oct 2018, 02:43

Bernardson wrote:Ask Vince Cable :Boo hoo!

Yes he is the f......g idiot who sold it cheaply and then started complaining when they started shutting down DOs. He is another target for my rotten eggs which I have assembled for MPs who treat the public with so much contempt. :nana :nana :nana :nana

21 Oct 2018, 03:18

Just looked at it on Google Earth, basically no parking there and the "loading bay" is accessed via a narrow lane so it's not surprising that RM are looking to close it.

21 Oct 2018, 07:12

They think he is called Rico Black as well.

21 Oct 2018, 07:56

These LibDem councillors obviously don't have a clue. When RM does have 'consultations', as with our pension, they just ignore whatever people say and do what they want anyway.

22 Oct 2018, 07:53

It's unusual for RM to have any kind of consultation on this kind of thing although I agree they will not take any notice of the results. I guess they must have known there would be a backlash if another nearby DO had already been moved/closed. I don't deliver in towns or cities but I would surmise more items are 739d there so more 'recipients' would be inconvenienced.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1