https://www.postalandparceltechnologyin ... unced.html
The shortlist for the Postal and Parcel Technology International Awards 2018 has been announced. This year the awards shortlist is dominated by new autonomous technologies, including voice-controlled logistics, robotic sorting and delivery drones. The New Business Diversification of the Year category has also showcased how posts are being creative in generating new revenue streams, including 3D printing, luggage delivery and road traffic monitoring.
Nominations for the Postal and Parcel Technology International Awards opened in June. Nominations were open to anyone working in the postal and parcel industry and this year the awards proved extremely popular, with nominations coming from around the world and covering all parts of the industry.
The judging panel, made up of leading industry experts from around the world, is currently voting on the shortlist to decide which nomination will triumph in each category.
The winners of the awards will be announced during an awards ceremony on October 10 at Post-Expo in Hamburg, Germany.
For more information on Post-Expo including details on how to attend, visit: www.postexpo.com
The full shortlist:
Delivery Innovation of the Year
• Same-day time-slot delivery technology, On the dot;
• Drones in action for public health, Swiss Post;
• Postal Robotics, Image Architects & ZCS International;
• Mapping software, Locpin;
• Ground-based delivery robot, Posten Norge and Buddy Mobility;
• Drone Pay by Worldpay.
Digital Innovation of the Year
• OneView, Australia Post;
• E-mall (new edition), Saudi Post;
• Postal Operators Network, Postal Stock Exchange;
• Voice-controlled logistics optimization, LogiNext;
• GreyMatter, GreyOrange;
• Digital services, Jersey Post.
Environmental Achievement of the Year
• Australia Post;
• Jersey Post;
• Royal Mail
New Business Diversification of the Year
• Digital services, Jersey Post;
• 3D printing, PostNord and 3YourMind;
• Integrated car service pack, LibanPost;
• Luggage delivery, PostNL and Amsterdam Airport Schiphol;
• Street Data Service, Posti and Vaisala.
Sorting Centre Innovation of the Year
• Butler PickPal, GreyOrange;
• SortEngine 360, BlueCrest (previously Pitney Bowes Document Messaging Technologies);
• Autonomous sorting, Swiss Post and Unmanned Life;
• Automatic warehouse inventory, Geodis;
• T-Sort portable, Tompkins Robotics.
Service Provider of the Year
• Australia Post;
• Canada Post.
Supplier of the Year
• BlueCrest (previously Pitney Bowes Document Messaging Technologies);