ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail and Arrival to discuss EV trial at Microlise Conference

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail and Arrival to discuss EV trial at Microlise Conference

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.itsinternational.com/section ... onference/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A trial in which Arrival provided Royal Mail with nine heavy electric vehicles (HEVS), which are said to travel 100 miles on a single charge, and their potential will be discussed at the Microlise Transport Conference, in May 2018. These vehicles have been deployed in and around London to move mail between distribution centres and its mail centres.

Grahame Bennett, Royal Mail’s head of fleet engineering will discuss work being undertaken by the UK postal service. In addition, Matt Key chief of business development at Arrival will talk about the technology, looking at the possibilities of electric now and how it is breaking down the barriers to widescale adoption.

This year’s conference will build on its innovation and technology focus by covering topics such as platooning and alternative fuels; to skills, compliance and inevitably, the effects of Brexit on the industry.

The main agenda will also feature three focused workshops, an all-new innovation zone and a sizable exhibition area featuring transport brands, innovators, industry organisations and special guests.

Additionally, the Microlise Driver of the Year Awards will celebrate the UK’s most talented HGV drivers, both through analysis of more than 180,000 drivers’ telematics data, and via industry nominated categories. These include HGV Hero, Lifetime Achievement, Extra Mile, Most Improved and Young Driver of the Year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."