ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

A mum missed a stamp off her letter so her daughter left this adorable message on the postbox

09 Oct 2017, 18:44

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/ca ... d-13737050

The message was written on a sheet of paper that was sellotaped on a postbox in Arbury Road

A girl from Cambridge who posted a letter to her grandma put an adorable message to a postman after her mum forgot a stamp.

The message was written on a sheet of paper that was sellotaped on a postbox in Arbury Road on October 3.

Writing to the postman, the girl - named Ella, wrote: "To the postman.

"Dear postman, my mum was quite silly and posted a post card to my grandma in South Africa without a stamp. Please will you put the stamp in this envelope on the postcard.

"The postcard has a picture of a postman like you on it. Thank you from Ella."

The photo of the letter was posted on Facebook by Michael Brown, also known as the Poet Brownie.

He said: "I know the postman and spoke to him, and he said he managed to find the letter and put the stamp on it.

"We thought it was really cute."

A mum missed a stamp off her letter so her daughter left this adorable message on the postbox

09 Oct 2017, 22:35

This made my day! Awesome story.

10 Oct 2017, 12:19

Lovely story,can imagine it made the little girl happy, shame the high up people in royal mail don't appear to give a fk about such things these days !

10 Oct 2017, 13:44

Very cute. :Very Happy I quite often find people waiting by the postbox with a stamp in their hand, having forgotten to put one on the envelope. The other day an old lady asked me to post some cards for her and later on I noticed she'd stuck one of the stamps on the back of the envelope! Luckily with the self adhesive stamps you can peel them off again, with a bit of huffing, so I stuck it on the right side.

It's things like this that the public appreciate, and I'm sure most of us are quite happy to do, that are never taken into consideration when Management starts to denigrate it's workforce. :cuppa

10 Oct 2017, 16:54

I'm often given letters to post. Before handing them over I check them and a couple of times have noticed a missing stamp but I keep a few in my wallet for such occasions. :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1