ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Man was asked to collect his own mail due to staff shortages

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.harwichandmanningtreestandar ... cond_class_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A FORMER postie was asked to collect his own parcel and 12 undelivered letters after staff shortages left a mail mounting up in a stock room.

One letter was for a hospital appointment, which was missed due to the undelivered post.

Barry Jones had ordered a part to fix some electrics online with next day delivery.

But when his parcel did not arrive, he was told it had not yet reached the Harwich Royal Mail office.

He waited, but was told the next day there was no-one available to deliver it.

Barry, who was a postman at the Houses of Parliament for 24 years, said: “One guy said it was all clear there but someone in the background said it was all in the sorting office.

“I was asking when it would be delivered, but they said they were short of staff, so could I collect it.

“Not only did I get my parcel, but also a bunch of letters, some of which were out of date.”

Barry, of Keynes Way, Dovercourt, added: “It’s not good enough.

“My wife missed an appointment for the hospital because she didn’t get the letter.

“I approached a postman on the street and asked him, he said it’s been bad down there.

“It means no-one on this delivery route would have got their mail either.”

Royal Mail spokesman Henry Perry apologised for the delay.

He said: “We would like to apologise to any customers in parts of Harwich who may not recently have received the first class service we aim to provide to all our customers.

“This has been due to temporary staff shortages in the office.

“We are working very hard to resolve the issue as quickly as we possibly can, including recruiting new staff.

“We are committed to delivering a high quality of service to all our customers in Harwich and our focus is to restore our service to the high standards our customers would normally receive.”

Mr Perry added for specific inquiries, customers should contact Royal Mail via its website which is at royalmail/contactus.

Alternatively, customers can ring 03457 740 740.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

k979aaa

Post by k979aaa »

ROYALFAIL
HarryPoorer

Post by HarryPoorer »

neither the counter staff, rle staff, dom,under manager , rehabs or disabled or any of the 5 dims could help deliver it as they all went home early. :Very Happy
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by woopesh »

I'm always approached by the public saying they haven't recieved mail for days, delivering cut offs, see frames that go undelivered. I thought this is the norm now as staffing levels have been cut to the bone?
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Godric »

it's not temporary staff they need it is obvious they require to hire another dedicated postman/woman .... they expect postman to deliver till they drop (via lapsing)
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
bogstandard

Post by bogstandard »

“We are committed to delivering a high quality of service to all our customers in Harwich and our focus is to restore our service to the high standards our customers would normally receive.”

local rep can use this in negotiations, ask to see the commitment
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP