ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Morning postal service at risk

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I hope for God's sake they don't start messing around with later starts. :pray We've already got a problem with the last wave which reaches us about 0815. Totally against ALL procedures this last wave is just left in the DO until the next day. :no no
Your DO is probably the nearest to your local MC. With just the pipeline moved back a couple of hours, you'll be looking at around 10:15-10:30 when your last wave comes in. If RM decide to bring in the one wave, then you'll be looking at mid afternoon before you get your sequenced mail

Dorset Plodder

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Ozzvaldo wrote: My office receives the last wave at 8.30am and we never leave it. Many duties in my office don't put first letter in until 10.15-10.30am and yet we are constantly pressure to perform lapsing due to understaffing leaving deliveries uncovered. Most deliveries regularly extend past their 3pm finishing time if the OPGs don't put up a fight, and those that do are threatened with the later start time/somebody else throws in your sequenced mail scenario mentioned by Dorset Plodder. In fact, the DOM has advertised vacant duties utilising the later start with a "take it or leave it" attitude in the past and a couple of duties now have an established 3.30pm finish time.
Glad I don't work in your DO Ozzvaldo! :shock: You've got realise there's about a 1000 DOs in the Business and each one is going to be different. TBH I'm amazed we manage to do such a good job as it is. I believe that a lot of these DOs probably got shafted in previous Revisions and may have had too many Posties cut. There's probably quite a few that managed to work something decent out, and there's probably quite a few that are having an easy ride at the expence of nearby Delivery Offices. We don't know we're just the workers. No body's going to admit their DO is taking the piss and you're not going to get an honest answer from Management.:hmmmm

I believe the only thing you can do is to try and motivate some sort of response within your DO, perhaps with the help of the Area Rep, and try and get some of these problems resolved. I take you think your Delivery Office will definately be voting YES? :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Ozzvaldo

Post by Ozzvaldo »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:I hope for God's sake they don't start messing around with later starts. :pray We've already got a problem with the last wave which reaches us about 0815. Totally against ALL procedures this last wave is just left in the DO until the next day. :no no
Your DO is probably the nearest to your local MC. With just the pipeline moved back a couple of hours, you'll be looking at around 10:15-10:30 when your last wave comes in. If RM decide to bring in the one wave, then you'll be looking at mid afternoon before you get your sequenced mail
My DO, as already stated in this thread, receives the last wave at 8.30am. I can tell you for a fact that we are the FURTHEST office from our MC and the wagons carrying the last wave to the closest offices to the MC actually set off before ours.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
My DO, as already stated in this thread, receives the last wave at 8.30am. I can tell you for a fact that we are the FURTHEST office from our MC and the wagons carrying the last wave to the closest offices to the MC actually set off before ours.
For wave 2 batches that have firms mail or time sensitive deliveries get higher priority
Ozzvaldo

Post by Ozzvaldo »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
For wave 2 batches that have firms mail or time sensitive deliveries get higher priority
Can you put some more meat on the bones of what "firms mail" and "time sensitive deliveries" means in relation to my DO's, quite frankly, s***e mail service. Those terms seem to describe traffic that I assumed all DOs receive, but perhaps they mean something different to MC employees.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Can you put some more meat on the bones of what "firms mail" and "time sensitive deliveries" means in relation to my DO's, quite frankly, s***e mail service. Those terms seem to describe traffic that I assumed all DOs receive, but perhaps they mean something different to MC employees.
Some DOs have walks which are basically all firms
Ozzvaldo

Post by Ozzvaldo »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Some DOs have walks which are basically all firms
So do we. Several.