not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

04 May 2017, 16:30

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Currently, the NMW is £7.50 per hour. So at the minimum rate of 3p per card you'd have to deliver less than 250 items per hour (not 250 addresses).

But you also get £10+ per hour.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

04 May 2017, 17:41

NewPostieUK wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Currently, the NMW is £7.50 per hour. So at the minimum rate of 3p per card you'd have to deliver less than 250 items per hour (not 250 addresses).

I think the point is if you're over your finishing time because you're delivering election material you can't claim that £10+ per hour so all you're earning then is election leaflet payment.

04 May 2017, 17:48

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: As a little aside - is the payment for prep and delivery or delivery only?
What happens to the payment if you prep an absorbed walk?
How do van share partnerships split the payment if one is on prep and the other on IPS?

I've asked all those questions to my branch, CWU HQ and RM senior management and the answer is always the same, stop asking difficult questions. The truth is nobody really knows and there is nothing in any existing agreements to help so we make it up as we go along at unit level.

I wondered the same thing myself, and find it very interesting that no-one has the answer, yet the phg's receive the payment as well, despite not prepping or delivering

04 May 2017, 19:44

newbie2011 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: , yet the phg's receive the payment as well, despite not prepping or delivering

No. I don't think they do. You (usually) have to count them to claim. If the PHG's don't prep or deliver them, how can they count them? In the case of x2 delivery points (or whatever) again, the PHG's don't have delivery points, so how do they claim?

04 May 2017, 19:49

fishtank wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:

I think the point is if you're over your finishing time because you're delivering election material you can't claim that £10+ per hour so all you're earning then is election leaflet payment.

Does anyone actually go out delivering only election stuff? If I go over 30 mins delivering election material and normal mail, I claim 30 mins as I'm not delivering mail for free.

05 May 2017, 14:01

Two at my office have to prep a couple of other walks each morning for others to deliver. Are we entitled to any payment for throwing off, but not delivering poll cards?

05 May 2017, 18:52

clashcityrocker wrote:As a little aside - is the payment for prep and delivery or delivery only?
What happens to the payment if you prep an absorbed walk?
How do van share partnerships split the payment if one is on prep and the other on IPS?
I'm not sure - moving the election material into workload might be a good idea.

Also asked these questions, to no avail.
The whole situation is a complete mess. If we get them later in the day for the following day, then i count while prepping them into frame, after i have finished my walk, and maybe leave a few for before my shift starts in the morning.
It's baffling why there isn't some official operations prep plan for these circumstances. It's most certainly not seen as important as they're only in once every four years and it's over before you know it.

Indy Ref, Brexit, council elections, general election. What a pain in the arse.

05 May 2017, 19:05

psyCrowe wrote:The whole situation is a complete mess. If we get them later in the day for the following day, then i count while prepping them into frame, after i have finished my walk, and maybe leave a few for before my shift starts in the morning.
It's baffling why there isn't some official operations prep plan for these circumstances. It's most certainly not seen as important as they're only in once every four years and it's over before you know it.

Indy Ref, Brexit, council elections, general election. What a pain in the arse.

Exactly.

You don't get paid for delivering them other than 3p per item IF YOU COUNT THEM! Stupid.
You can't opt out yet overtime isn't compulsory.
Seems unpaid overtime IS compulsory. Stupid.
People who prep other duties get paid their £10+ per hour for prepping them, yet the person delivering them (or not, in the case of van sharers) has to magically know
how many there were, claim 3p for them, and make sure the other mail takes them over, not the poll cards!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

08 May 2017, 15:06

"Stupid Stupid Stupid" will probably what would be on the gravestone of Royal Mail when it is finally laid to rest .

08 May 2017, 15:47

Is there anybody out there who knows why some offices get the minimum 3p per poll card [ like ours ] and some offices [like the one 15 miles away ] get 5p per poll card.

08 May 2017, 16:21

wheresourmoney wrote:Is there anybody out there who knows why some offices get the minimum 3p per poll card [ like ours ] and some offices [like the one 15 miles away ] get 5p per poll card.

Yes - Its actually explained in the 3rd post of this thread but copied and pasted here:
4) Payments

All existing local payments covering the delivery of election material as stated in
paragraph 2 above will remain in place, and in accordance with this agreement, with the
following exceptions.

1. The minimum payment for delivering election material will be 3p per item.

2. The maximum payment for delivering election material will be 6.6p per item.

3. All hours based schemes will be converted to pence per item schemes and then the
criteria in 1 and 2 above will be applied. Where delivery offices have introduced a SDD
revision since the last delivery of election material then the following formula will be
applied prior to the criteria in 1 and 2 above being applied.
Previous no. Walks X O/T hours per walk e.g. 35 X 2 hrs hours = 3.5hrs
Current no. of Walks 20

4. In those Units where there are two payments e.g. 4.5p for the first three parties and
1.67p for additional parties the minimum payment will become 3p with any payments over
this amount being retained.

5. In those Units where there is a mixture of hours and pence per item based payments
the process in 4) 3. above will be followed for the hours based element, with the process
in 4) 4. above then being applied.
Where election material items exceed 20g in weight a further 0.5p will be payable.
These revised payments apply from the date of this agreement and cover all election
material as identified above. They are payable on an individual basis, and are not affected
by any collective criteria/responsibility.

08 May 2017, 16:26

wheresourmoney wrote:Is there anybody out there who knows why some offices get the minimum 3p per poll card [ like ours ] and some offices [like the one 15 miles away ] get 5p per poll card.

It is a historical anomaly that nobody has had the conkers to (re) address. Yet.

08 May 2017, 17:25

LTB 257/17 - Delivery of General Election Material - 8th June 2017 <<<< New LTB (with attachments)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=79736

09 May 2017, 18:05

awesomepenguin wrote:"Stupid Stupid Stupid" will probably what would be on the gravestone of Royal Mail when it is finally laid to rest .
But the gravestones of thousands will not tell of the toll it has taken upon them only the gravestones will say that in time just like WW1 did but it is not the full toll with the injured staff we now have leaving the "Business" on good terms "good leavers" or people who have been shafted by greedy bastards at the top for the good of the business. The workload on postmen now is untenable and as such need to work our hours even bring back the packets of the oppressed people and not so oppressed just to deliver a BLOODY POLL CARD BY NEXT DAY WHAT AN INDICTMENT OF A PISS POOR BUSINESS!

09 May 2017, 21:19

If I'm on a 20 hour contract, and am paid delivery supplement pro rata, should I only do D2D and election material pro rata in terms of numbers of articles delivered?

Previous page Next page

Page 6 of 8   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8