ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cambourne Council installs 4th dog litter bin -Post Box Used

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Cambourne Council installs 4th dog litter bin -Post Box Used

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Cambourne Parish Council installs fourth dog litter bin after pranksters target post box

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambour ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cambourne Parish Council has bowed to pressure from Royal Mail to install a dog litter bin on The Green – despite the fact there are three there already.

Last week, the News reported how Royal Mail had shut the post box in Sterling Way, Upper Cambourne, after someone posted dog excrement in it – and insisted it would not be re-opened until a suitable dog bin had been provided.

This week, the council agreed to spend £250 on the bin – making a total of four within a few hundred yards of each other.

But parish clerk John Vickery says the arrival of the new bin, which will be within 10 metres of the post box, will stop any further problems and will be welcomed by residents.

He said: “They’ll have no excuse not to use the dog bin if there’s one there.”

Mr Vickery explained that talks had been held between the council and Royal Mail and the idea of a new bin was mutually agreed between the two organisations.

He continued: “We will continue to communicate to assess the situation. We’re hoping that there isn’t a repeat as it’s unpleasant for everyone involved. It has been useful working with them to resolve this.”

However, Royal Mail are not backing down and confirmed that the box will remain out of use until the new litter bin is put in.

The organisation has already slammed the behaviour of some residents for putting dog excrement into the post box, describing it as “unacceptable” for staff working there.

Initially, they said they would not re-open it until a dog bin was put in nearby – but the News pointed out the two existing bins.

A spokesperson said: “Hopefully, this will alleviate the problem of dog mess in the box. We will then monitor the situation after that, in case there is a more malicious reason for the mess. The box won’t be reopened until the council has installed a new dog litter box.”

Last week, one resident told the News that the box should be re-opened as the firm’s decision over the post box was effectively punishing all residents of Upper Cambourne.

Dog owner Paul Jordan, 43, said he had no objection to the new bin and said: “No decent dog owner would have done that - it must have been a prank. There’s plenty of bins and there’s one down there [on Brace Dein] as well.”

Another resident, who wished to remain anonymous, believes the bin might not be necessary and added: “If it has to be done, it has to be done. But I don’t think it’s massively needed.”

Mr Vickery has also requested witnesses to contact him via telephone on 01954 714403 or via email on clerk@cambourneparishcouncil.gov.uk to report any further incidents.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Nigel1505

Re: Cambourne Council installs 4th dog litter bin -Post Box

Post by Nigel1505 »

Dare I say, it goes with the rest of the S... we get. :no no