not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

First class problem with car parking.

23 Mar 2007, 19:02

Disgruntled post office workers at the Royal Mail Delivery Office on Moreton Hall, in Bury St Edmunds, are parking in residential roads as they cannot leave their vehicles in the depot car park.
Workers at the Skyliner Way centre are forced to park in the roads around the depot as only 37 spaces are available for 140 workers.

One staff member, who asked not to be named, said: "Some employees have parked in Drovers Avenue and, of course, residents have complained as driveways have been blocked and obstacles caused.

"Everyone wants their mail delivered, but they do not appreciate what the employee has to go through to get to work."

Car owners at the plant are only allowed to park in the delivery office car park for one week in three due to the limited space, although managers have allocated parking.

Dan Tovey, delivery office manager, said staff had not approached him about any parking problems.

He said: "There have been no issues raised with me. People in Drovers Avenue obviously do not want people pulling up at 4am and I have told staff they have to find alternative parking.

"We are trying to manage the parking spaces allocated to us, but we also have to take customers' issues into account."

One resident said he had been forced to leave notices on cars. He had also kept a dossier of pictures recording the vehicles which sometimes block junctions.

He said: "I have sympathy with the staff, but Royal Mail has not helped matters.

"This has been a real problem for residents around the Drovers Avenue area."

Another resident of Drovers Avenue, who did not want to be named, said the lines of cars were an accident waiting to happen.

"Where would we be if this street becomes a commercial car park?" she said.

"When you have major numbers of cars, it is, without a doubt, an accident waiting to happen."

BURY ST EDMONDS

23 Mar 2007, 19:05

I'll send 'em some Flyers,they can park themselves on the site :neutral: :d'oh!

STEPTOE N SON IN Bury ST Edmunds

24 Mar 2007, 00:42

There must be a mix of people who travel in to work by car and any other form of transport to Bury ST Ed D.O.? But the 37 parking spaces. I hope they stay filled until the end of the day when you lot finish??? We had the very same thing in my D.O. bout 150 people and bout the same parking spots as In Bury ST ED. A ballot every year to see who got em. And parking on street to the rest. We used the Barnardo's kids car park over the road. And in turn WE and RM had a whip round every year and took time out to take the kids on days out as a Good will thing!!! Then RM in there wisdom pullled the plug on the DAYS OUT N WHIP ROUND.. Yeh you guest it!!!! NO MORE PARKING FOR THE POSTIES!! (I walked to work) and all my work the same.. If your TOP SCREW, robd, has it in his heart to say,, Give a little back to the community then they might feel different??? BUT dont hold ya breath.. BASTARDS!!! We the posties carried on the whip round and good will xmas boxes but RM done the damage and f****d it!! :d'oh!
Hope you all use the vans to drop you and work to your walks and drop you back Robd..?? Be funny if say 100 parking tickets landed on your Mr D. Tovey's desk from you lot wouldnt it now??? :funneh :funneh :funneh

OUT ..#

DONT LET THE PARKING GRIND YA DOWN,,,, SIMPLE,,, SHARE/WALK/BIKE IT/ PONCE A LIFT OFF OF 1 OF THE 37... DONT TAKE YA CARS...........................

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1