ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

INDUSTRIAL ACTION PLAN:STRIKE DATES!!

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
BOPPA

Re: later starts

Post by BOPPA »

ROYAL MAIL CAN'T WIN THIS BATTLE BUT THE CWU CAN LOOSE IT. :so there

davepat

Post by davepat »

Going on from that brothermagrew

Flexible attendances
People will flex their attendances daily when reqyired by up to two hrs a day- for start/finish times.

Phase1
People will work different hrs on different days of the week to reflect the normal workload patterns in their office and different hrs in the winter and summer to reflect the seasonal changes in volumes. we will introduce mor flexible employment contracts to support a range of new approaches such as seasonal and term time working and offer a wider range of attendance options designed to meet the different needs of our people and the business.

From 1st Oct 2007

permanent adjustments to individual or groups of attendances made:
reasons for change explained and clearly communicated by managers
7 days notice provided +/-2hrs to start and finish
individual diffulculties discussed and sorted on case by case basis

Different lengths of attendances on differing days of week:
based on workload and forcast
Attendance balanced weekly [40 hrs]
things we could consider are 4 day working week, 9 day fortnights, 5weeks on and 1 week of etc.

Phase 2
Once we have the appropriate systems in place we will introduce banked or annulised hrs, which allow us all to be part of a modern, dynamic and flexible business. People will work fewer hrs in the summer and during quiet periods and more hrs during busy periods such as christmas and spring and autumn pressure. To affilitate the introduction of annualised hrs we will migrate to monthly pay by March 2008.

Annualised hrs will be phased in from april 2008
brothermagrew

Post by brothermagrew »

You davepat tis it you! Are you still doing the Health and Safety in your neck of the woods? Have you usurped ma crystal ball or have ya got a hold off the Pay and Modernisation Agreement - version 1. :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
goinpostal

Post by goinpostal »

davepat wrote:Going on from that brothermagrew
you guys know something we don't??? sounds very scary, i cant wait to tell the folks at work :mad

rolling strikes just mean crossing picket lines and then everyone falls out over the inevitable walk-outs.

Why not do what the RMT did? 3 days out, then 4 days, then all -out. and throw in a work to rule why not, with that level of strike action it would be completely doable. As the focus on its own it would never work.
morrrany

Re: INDUSTRIAL ACTION PLAN

Post by morrrany »

dvbuk55 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:Have heard from a very good source of mine the following with regards to Industrial Action Plan.

1. PEC will require some time to go back to members, hold briefings and branch meetings.

2. Proposed 24hour strike on 25th September followed by rolling programme of functional action.

3. Relaunch *doing your job properly" campaign 17th September.
How effective was the last "doing your job properly" campaign - well in our office the take up was as rare as rocking horse s**t.

It's time the union stopped protecting its own backside and started protecting ours. Stuff the PC legal crap - we stand to lose this fight by being far too complacent as a leadership which breeds complacency on the shop floor.

We had what I presume was a WTL this morning where the Manager announced that later start times would begin on October 8th - and the response from the shop floor - "hey ho is the coffee machine working?".

I'm glad I'm the age I am because a couple of years down the line and you will be reading meters, riding rickshaws, delivering pizzas, blockbuster videos and sweeping the streets.
The "shop floor" is the union, its up to them if they really want the union to stop these ridiculous proposals they must start to do their jobs properly and speak up against the latest proposals
Big Daz

Re: REPS

Post by Big Daz »

vigilante wrote:
borders wrote:point taken Barkersboy, the feeling is similar in our office, regarding your last couple of lines , whats stopping you from helping out your reps and keeping people informed---let people know about this website for starters !! no offence meant !!

REPS HAVE A HARD TIME AT THE MOMENT AND WE NEED ALL THE HELP FROM STAFF WE CAN GET.
SCREWS ARE LOOKING AND MAKING SURE WE ARE NOT INCITING TROUBLE.
WE ARE ALL THE UNION, HELP EACH OTHER AND NOT JUST BARK ON ABOUT THE REPS AND THE UNION------WE ARE THE UNION

I fully agree, the members in my office all they seem to want to do is bash the union for not yet being able to introduce utopia!

They piss me right off sometimes,so next year i am going to give them a shock by not putting back in for union rep and leaving them to fend for themselves. i will stay on as workplace safety rep and branch political officer (subject to being re-elected ) but thats it. Im having a year off and its time somebody else took on the mantle of Union rep.
davepat

Post by davepat »

magrew is that u from the Scottie land?
if that is you, Long time no hear.
Yes still doing the H&S, still banging me head against the wall.
I have got the briefing that they had at the meeting today, the 15 page document
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: INDUSTRIAL ACTION PLAN

Post by dvbuk55 »

morrrany wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:Have heard from a very good source of mine the following with regards to Industrial Action Plan.

1. PEC will require some time to go back to members, hold briefings and branch meetings.

2. Proposed 24hour strike on 25th September followed by rolling programme of functional action.

3. Relaunch *doing your job properly" campaign 17th September.
How effective was the last "doing your job properly" campaign - well in our office the take up was as rare as rocking horse s**t.

It's time the union stopped protecting its own backside and started protecting ours. Stuff the PC legal crap - we stand to lose this fight by being far too complacent as a leadership which breeds complacency on the shop floor.

We had what I presume was a WTL this morning where the Manager announced that later start times would begin on October 8th - and the response from the shop floor - "hey ho is the coffee machine working?".

I'm glad I'm the age I am because a couple of years down the line and you will be reading meters, riding rickshaws, delivering pizzas, blockbuster videos and sweeping the streets.
The "shop floor" is the union, its up to them if they really want the union to stop these ridiculous proposals they must start to do their jobs properly and speak up against the latest proposals
Did we not do that when we gave the mandate for industrial action? We did not give the nod to withdraw that action - nor extend the talks - the exec did that and look where we have ended up. There is a complacency on the shop floor or more likely a vacuum - because in the absence of any sensible leadership RM will step in with their idea of the "way to go" - WE NEED INFORMATION & DIRECTION. Are we too busy at the TUC to bother about the mundane task of leading the CWU? Obviously not here is OUR response to RMs Executive Action which swung into action within 24 hrs of the talks breakdown - I think I'll call them Swifty - just like the wife calls me!!!!!!

"Our next steps will be to provide Branches with details of an action plan designed to cause Royal Mail maximum disruption should they continue to proceed without agreement; this will also include campaign material. A further communication will be provided early next week. In the meantime any information coming to hand on this subject should be provided to the Outdoor dept without delay.!
postie36

Post by postie36 »

that's my major gripe with this union...lack of communication.

always seem to find out stuff thru media,this website,etc.

we're in the middle of a major dispute[possibly heading for another strike],yet the leadership is silent. ???
ROCKY

Post by ROCKY »

is the leadership quiet lots of bits of info turn up on this site maybe we are been drip fed certain nuggets of info to keep things moving this site influences far more people than its membership numbers and is not connected to the union per se
postie36

Post by postie36 »

thats all well and good for people who know about this site..but what about the the ones who don't/no access to internet?

just think they should be a bit more vocal at times like this.
goinpostal

Post by goinpostal »

bang on Divbuk
Wild Cat

Post by Wild Cat »

postie36 wrote:thats all well and good for people who know about this site..but what about the the ones who don't/no access to internet?

just think they should be a bit more vocal at times like this.
It is up to us on the ground to communicate and I find that talking to others and reading through this site can be far more useful than official CWU info.

In the past it would have been impossible to find out about unofficial action like Oxford and Stockport as the CWU don't like broadcasting it most of the time.

Spread the word about disputes around the country and let those in your office know what their colleagues are going through.
johnston65
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by johnston65 »

Agree with everything said. If it wasn't for this site would not have known anyhting about the carry on over in Ireland.
HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE ! ! !