not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal Mail 'sorry we missed you' card complaints up 25%

09 Mar 2019, 09:20

Why oh why, do Royal Mail not catch up with all the other delivery companies out there.
Surely in this day and age you can set up whether people are happy to have parcels left in a "safe place", instead of the inconvenience of having to travel ( in my case 7 miles) so 14 mile round trip to nearest main PO in order to collect a parcel.
It is archaic Royal Mail, ( and you charge the most) get up to speed with modern delivery systems.

09 Mar 2019, 10:48

BigSpace wrote:Why oh why, do Royal Mail not catch up with all the other delivery companies out there.
Surely in this day and age you can set up whether people are happy to have parcels left in a "safe place", instead of the inconvenience of having to travel ( in my case 7 miles) so 14 mile round trip to nearest main PO in order to collect a parcel.
It is archaic Royal Mail, ( and you charge the most) get up to speed with modern delivery systems.

Royal Mail won't see this as we aren't Royal Mail, but on here most would agree with you, because we have to carry them on our backs.

:chuckle :chuckle

However, RM concentrates on the sender, not the receiver, and it does offer "Safe Place" delivery to them if they have tracked items.

Re: Royal Mail 'sorry we missed you' card complaints up 25%

09 Mar 2019, 18:03

:thumbup
rmdriver wrote:Complaints tend to increase when full-time postmen go on holiday, Mr Betts said: "Part-time postmen aren't trained up as well, and they don't take as much pride in their work."

F*** off Mr Betts. ;liar

09 Mar 2019, 18:19

rmdriver wrote:Complaints tend to increase when full-time postmen go on holiday, Mr Betts said: "Part-time postmen aren't trained up as well, and they don't take as much pride in their work."

F*** off Mr Betts. ;liar

Yeah. that quote irritated me too. I take as much pride in my work as the full-timers in the office.

09 Mar 2019, 20:36

10 Mar 2019, 10:22

Interested-seeker wrote:

F*** off Mr Betts. ;liar

Yeah. that quote irritated me too. I take as much pride in my work as the full-timers in the office.

Yep, I wasn’t happy about this comment either. I take more pride in my work than a lot of the full timers in my office. Also, you can’t post a 739 through the door when you can’t gain entry to a block of flats, there’s no option but to 739 it the next day.

10 Mar 2019, 11:03

Some forget all these other delivery company's only deliver parcels and in a warm van :arrrghhh We are carrying & posting letters & parcels on foot? It's time parcels over a certain size say half a shoe box are taken off us? It's one or the other.

10 Mar 2019, 11:13

mattycash wrote:It's time parcels over a certain size say half a shoe box are taken off us? It's one or the other.

RM are planning to (there's a thread about it elsewhere), in return you'll get I think it was 100 and something extra delivery points added to your walk. Locally with what we send to DOs (Tracked and normal large combined), it can only be about 6 or 7 large items per walk normally

10 Mar 2019, 14:57

'BigSpace' has bumped an archaic & now out of date post from way back in 2010 !! This character has never posted before and is likely a troll. I would recommend locking this one.

12 Mar 2019, 10:38

SpacePhoenix wrote:
mattycash wrote:It's time parcels over a certain size say half a shoe box are taken off us? It's one or the other.

RM are planning to (there's a thread about it elsewhere), in return you'll get I think it was 100 and something extra delivery points added to your walk. Locally with what we send to DOs (Tracked and normal large combined), it can only be about 6 or 7 large items per walk normally

We definitely get more that 6-7 large items per walk I can assure you. We usually have a cage full of em! Plus 2/4 packets on average per bag that will not go through a letter box.

16 Mar 2019, 15:45

And it’s really annoying when you get customer complaining they’ve had a card and posties not knocked or rang ,had one the other day who did say his bell wasn’t working when I asked how postie would know that he just said he should lol so not all customers are correct :nana :nana :nana :nana

17 Mar 2019, 17:48

minx wrote:And it’s really annoying when you get customer complaining they’ve had a card and posties not knocked or rang ,had one the other day who did say his bell wasn’t working when I asked how postie would know that he just said he should lol so not all customers are correct :nana :nana :nana :nana

I've had plenty of customers who say the same thing, minx. :angel The customers claim they never hear the postie knock or ring their doorbell. If the customers are asleep, in the shower or occupied enough not to hear the postie at the door, then it's just bad timing. No postie is going to wait for ages to see or hear any sign that somebody is home.

When I'm delivering a parcel or a Signed For, I wait a few seconds before searching for a safe place or fill out a card. And if by chance the door actually opens unexpectedly, the customer might say, "I was in the back of the house; I didn't know you were at my front door until I saw someone in a hi-viz vest moving outside." I generally respond by saying with a smile, "You're lucky you got me in time before I left, otherwise I would've had to leave you a Sorry We Missed You Card."

But I always announce my arrival at their door with a solid knock as well as using any doorbell they might have. It's a solid enough knock that could even be accompanied with a loud, booming voice through a megaphone that goes: "Open up! It's the FBI! We have the place surrounded!"

Nowadays, as us posties pound on the customers door, Royal Mail no longer uses the age-old motto: 'Knock softly but firmly - Customers love soft, firm knockers'

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2