ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Worthing: Woman in mobility scooter hit by Royal Mail va

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Worthing: Woman in mobility scooter hit by Royal Mail va

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/2424907 ... -mail-van/

A woman in her 70s escaped with minor injuries after a Royal Mail van ran over her mobility scooter.

The crash happened at the junction of Broadwater Road and Langton Road in Worthing at around 4.15pm yesterday afternoon.

Sussex Police said the ambulance service treated the woman for a minor injury.

The mobility scooter was twisted partially beneath the van and oil appeared to be leaking out.

Broadwater Road reopened at around 6.30pm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

R5001

Re: Worthing: Woman in mobility scooter hit by Royal Mail va

Post by R5001 »

Middle of the road, right around the vans blindspot, vans clearly mid-turn, going into a signed dual carriage way.

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.8202302 ... ?entry=ttu

Probably shouldn't have been so bad, but I suspect the old lady also shouldn't' have been where she was to get smashed into. Even if the picture shows the scooter having been spun, the road looks like a dumb place to cross.

Bet postie gets fired anyway, old lady doesn't get 1% of the blame.

Also, wtf they blurred the front plate on picture 2, but the whole rear plate is clear in the first. why?