ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Locals leap to defence of Broughty Ferry 'peeing' postie

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Locals leap to defence of Broughty Ferry 'peeing' postie

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/du ... hty-ferry/

The Royal Mail worker was filmed apparently relieving himself in a resident's garden.

Locals have leapt to the defence of a Broughty Ferry postie accused of peeing in a resident’s garden.

The postman was filmed apparently relieving himself in Ewan Gibson’s garden earlier this month.

The exact location of the incident has not been revealed.

Ewan, 44, told the Scottish Sun he was “horrified” by the postie’s actions and complained to Royal Mail.

After The Courier covered the story on Monday, many readers defended the unnamed postman.

‘Where else are they supposed to pee when delivering mail?’
Posting on Facebook, Neil Robson said: “With bookmakers and toilets being closed, where are people and workers supposed to go?

“It’s something all humans need but fewer places than ever (are) available.

“Lack of toilets can’t do folk’s health or wellbeing much good – it may even cause unnecessary health issues.”

Helen Dunnin posted: “Where else are they supposed to pee when they are delivering mail?

“Folk need to get a grip.

“There are more important things going on in the world.”

Shannon MacPhail said: “Why is this a complaint? It’s human nature to need a pee, (I) doubt he makes it a regular occurrence.”

Rita Galloway also questioned the need to report the postie.

She wrote: “It’s a basic human need – more going on in the world, honestly.”

Sheena Collins said the incident had made her consider the welfare of postal workers.

‘Sad world we live in’
She said: “Never thought to ask our postie if they needed to use our toilet. Will be asking from now on.”

Some locals said Mr Gibson should have simply had a “quiet word” with the postie, or offered him the use of his toilet.

Others said the mail worker may have had health reasons that meant he had to go at short notice.

And Tracy Bee wrote: “Why report him? To make him lose his job? Absolute joke. Sad world we live in.”

A spokesman for Royal Mail told The Courier on Monday: “We expect the highest standards of behaviour from our people at all times.

“This incident has been raised with local management.”

We reported last year how a shop in Perthshire had banned posties from using the premises for a toilet break and a cup of tea – citing “safety reasons”.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

enskied

Re: Locals leap to defence of Broughty Ferry 'peeing' postie

Post by enskied »

See, some reasonable, sensible people.
Beanyjazz

Post by Beanyjazz »

I bet Mr Gibson doesn't work, probably spends all day commenting on local newspaper sites and moaning to the council. Some people really do need to get a life, not as if he did a dump, it's urine, it washes away.

And I've just looked at the photo, it's not erven in his garden it's near his bins. Grow up.
derekm

Post by derekm »

don't think this is taken into consideration when your out on delivery. very few places to use that are open & allow you to use there toilets