ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail 'Xmas Truce' after interim solution reached in talks

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail 'Xmas Truce' after interim solution reached in talks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.cwu.org/news/royal-mail-xma ... -in-talks/

CWU postal executive withdraws planned industrial action by Customer Experience members after joint statement agreed…

A dispute over changes to working arrangements may be heading towards a resolution, with sufficient progress being made in negotiations between the union and company to enable a ‘truce’ to be called over the festive period.

Speaking to CWU News after the postal executive meeting, CWU assistant secretary Andy Furey said: “We’re pleased to announce that we won’t now be calling our Customer Experience members into action prior to Christmas and before New Year, thanks to a mutually acceptable interim arrangement that commits everyone to detailed talks early in 2024.”

Andy explained that the CWU met with Customer Experience (CE) and IR management earlier this week and that “good progress was made towards resolving the dispute.”

The Joint Statement, which enabled the action to be withdrawn, was shared with CE reps yesterday and Andy reports that “all of them were supportive of the interim outcome.”

Key to finding a way forward is engagement with reps and members going forward, which includes a joint workshop with management scheduled for Wednesday 10th January. Following this, there will be a programme of engagement in the workplaces and this will include a jointly conducted survey of members.

Andy says: “These activities will be undertaken in conjunction with national talks aimed at finding a mutually acceptable resolution to the dispute, and overall progress will be reviewed before the end of January.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."