ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Traffic chaos as Royal Mail van crash closes road and causes fuel spill

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Traffic chaos as Royal Mail van crash closes road and causes fuel spill

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... n-24654584

A major road is closed after a three vehicle crash involving a Royal Mail van resulted in a fuel spillage.

Merseyside Police were called to reports of a three vehicle crash on the junction of Riverside Drive and Bempton Road in Otterspool at around 2.50pm today, Tuesday, August 2. The incident involved a Mitsubishi, Nissan Juke and a Royal Mail van.

There were no reports of any serious injuries at the scene. But the road remains closed in both directions following reports of a fuel spillage.

A spokesperson for Merseyside Police told the ECHO: "The city council has been contacted to deal with a fuel/fluid spillage and there are road closures in place while that is being dealt with."

Pictures from the scene taken by the ECHO showed huge queues of traffic backing up all along Riverside Drive. Traffic monitor INRIX's most recent update shortly after 6.30pm said Riverside Drive remained closed in both directions. There is queueing traffic from Bempton Road to Jericho Lane.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link