ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail workers to vote on strike action that could cripple deliveries

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail workers to vote on strike action that could cripple deliveries

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/uk-wo ... e-24243591

Staff at the privatised postal service could go on strike in the coming months impacting postal and parcel deliveries.

Thousands of Royal Mail workers will be balloted for industrial action in a row over pay. Staff at the privatised postal service could go on strike in the coming months impacting postal and parcel deliveries.

Royal Mail yesterday (Wed) announced a two per cent pay rise for workers, back-dated to April 1, but the Communication Workers Union accused bosses at the privatised postal giant of being “P&O in sheep’s clothing” reports the Mirror.

Simon Thompson, Royal Mail chief executive, said: “I am sorry that despite our best efforts, we haven’t managed to agree on a pay deal with CWU. We have held several talks with them over recent weeks, but unfortunately, we made little progress and they have ended.

“I am also disappointed that the CWU has already chosen to ballot when we know how damaging the threat of industrial action is to our business.” The ballot for industrial action is due to open early next week.

Terry Pullinger, the CWU’s Deputy General Secretary (Postal), criticised what he called the “ridiculous strategic decision” to impose a pay rise when inflation is running at a 40-year high of nine per cent.

Urging members to hold firm, Mr Pullinger warned that there was a “major breakdown of trust” between the CWU and management, He branded the company “P&O in sheep’s clothing”, in reference to the recent mass sacking of 800 seafarers by the ferry firm.

Mr Pullinger said: “It is an absolute outrage - two per cent is nowhere near acceptable.” He added: “It is a major breakdown in relationships and trust on any level.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Royal Mail workers to vote on strike action that could cripple deliveries

Post by osgoody1970 »

The government have obviously put their size ten into these wage negotiations, weather it be RMT, Royal Mail, to name but a few, to pick a fight so it can detract from Boris mismanagement of just about everything he touches!! Trying to pit worker against worker…typical Tory tactic, with inflation touching 11% who in their right mind would impose a 2% wage increase and insist, it’s to help posties with the cost of living crises!! Another P&O in the making.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Royal Mail workers to vote on strike action that could cripple deliveries

Post by baldrick »

osgoody1970 wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 15:25
The government have obviously put their size ten into these wage negotiations, weather it be RMT, Royal Mail, to name but a few, to pick a fight so it can detract from Boris mismanagement of just about everything he touches!! Trying to pit worker against worker…typical Tory tactic
He wanted to look like Churchill. Now he wants to look like Thatcher too.