ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lewes man says there are 'serious delivery problems' in Eastbourne

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Lewes man says there are 'serious delivery problems' in Eastbourne

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/news/pe ... ne-3733617

A 75-year-old man from Lewes said he’s had issues sending important letters to Eastbourne.

Stephen Wischhusen said, “I think there are serious delivery problems with Royal Mail in Eastbourne.”

He said he sent a letter from Lewes Post Office on May 5, first class and signed for, but it still shows on tracking as ‘we’ve got it’ and there’s no further delivery details.

Mr Wischhusen said, “There is no trace of it at all and it contained important legal documents, for which the proof of delivery is essential.”

A second letter, also first class and signed for, was posted on May 28 and although he’s found out from the recipient it has been delivered successfully, on the tracking website it still shows no delivery information and says ‘we’ve got it’.

He said, “It would have cheaper to have taken the train from Lewes and delivered the letters by hand.”

This isn’t the first time people have complained about the postal service in Eastbourne. Check out our most recent story on the issue.

A Royal Mail spokesperson said, “The vast majority of mail is delivered safely and on time. We are very sorry to hear of the problems reported to the Eastbourne Herald by Mr Wischhusen, regarding a letter that he sent to Eastbourne from Lewes.

"We are not aware of any issues affecting the delivery of mail in the local area, but if Mr Wischhusen would like to pass his contact details to us through the Eastbourne Herald, we will be pleased to discuss his complaint with him in greater detail.

"Anyone who has concerns over the delivery of their mail should contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740 740 or via the Royal Mail website www.royalmail.com.”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low life ***** they have always been.
RM Coronavirus Support
A manager does not have to count such absences (Covid) towards an attendance review, so my advice would be that employees who remain absent in order to protect the health of their colleagues continue to raise this as mitigation as part of the attendance procedure.
Workplace - The gift that keeps on giving.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Simon 'Eric' Thompson
Royal Mail " 505th Christmas - still learning…!"
team - tell the truth - be respectful - be open to other points of view - if you are doing these three things, post post post post…

morcomism
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Lewes man says there are'‘serious delivery problems' in Eastbourne

Post by SpacePhoenix »

If it contained important legal documents, why didn't he send them using Special Delivery?
clashcityrocker

Re: Lewes man says there are'‘serious delivery problems' in Eastbourne

Post by clashcityrocker »

I think it is grossly unfair to blame the hardworking posties of Eastbourne for what may have been an error at Lewes Post Office or it may have disappeared into the black hole known as Gatwick.
It clearly can't have been sitting in a Delivery Office for 6 weeks.
Our hair was short we said what we thought
We'd never be scared; never be bought