ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Complaints lodged after village mail deliveries delayed

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Complaints lodged after village mail deliveries delayed

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/business/ro ... ch-9039778

A resident of a west Suffolk village has complained that first-class mail deliveries have been delayed and feels the problem is getting worse.

Martin Hedges, a Glemsford resident, said he used to get his weekly news magazine delivered on time but now delivery is always a few days behind.

He raised the matter at the Sudbury Delivery Office and says he was told the local postman routinely leaves some of the mail at the post office as he cannot handle all the deliveries on his own because his round is too large.

Mr Hedges said: "I have no reason to doubt what I was told at the delivery office. I am shocked that first class mail is deliberately delayed."

A Royal Mail spokesman said the company was not aware of the issue.

He added: “If your reader would like to pass their contact details to us, we will carefully monitor deliveries to their address, and will be in touch to discuss this further. Anyone who has concerns over the delivery of their mail should contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740 740 or via the Royal Mail website.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
youngoffender

Re: Complaints lodged after village mail deliveries delayed

Post by youngoffender »

"The company is not aware of the issue". Royal Mail policy in all such complaints is to 'gaslight' its customers - i.e. we're delivering as normal, six days a week, you must be deluded if you think we're not. It's a cynical and utterly contemptible charade.