ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail : 'We're reviewing the judgement and will take on board any lessons learned.' After another court case lost : Almost 4K of sick pay illegally docked by a manager she accused of bullying

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail : 'We're reviewing the judgement and will take on board any lessons learned.' After another court case lost : Almost 4K of sick pay illegally docked by a manager she accused of bullying

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... 5qDOxaMtZ8

Scots Royal Mail worker had sick pay illegally docked by 'bully' boss who forced her off

Pamela Gray was signed off work with anxiety and stress after learning that her new boss at Bo'ness Delivery Office was to be a colleague she had previously accused of bullying.

A Royal Mail worker who had almost £4,000 of sick pay illegally docked by a manager she accused of bullying has won the cash back after taking her bosses to a tribunal.

Pamela Gray was signed off work with anxiety and stress after learning that her new boss at Bo'ness Delivery Office was to be a colleague she had previously accused of bullying.

She told her outgoing manager on March 29 that she couldn't work with them and handed in a long-term sick note from her doctor.

Pamela said in a letter to her boss: "You and everyone else are well aware that I am off work because of previous issues with yourself.

"Make no mistake, I want to be working but at this time. I hope my sick line from doctor’s will do."

However, her new supervisor demanded that she meet with him or face having her pay docked.

When both she and a trade union rep failed to show, he said in a letter dated April 12th: "I must advise you that from 13 04 2021 you will no longer be entitled to receive Royal Mail sick pay."

An Employment Tribunal has now concluded that the Royal Mail illegally deducted £3,893.21 of wages from Pamela's wages between April and September 2021 after she concluded she couldn't face her alleged tormentor.

Employment Judge Joseph d'Inverno said that the deductions had begun with too little notice - one day - and that a failure by her trade union rep to appear at meetings on her behalf couldn't be blamed on her.

He also said postal bosses couldn't use the fact she was continuing to work elsewhere in the sorting office as a cleaner against her.

Pamela's manager in that job - under a separate company - had rearranged her rota to make sure she never came face-to-face with her accused bully.

The judge also criticised the Royal Mail for failing to give her the option of speaking to someone else inside the postal giant.

It had insisted that everything had to go through the manager she said she was "physically and mentally unable" to work alongside despite the issues she had raised.

And at one point early in the dispute, another Royal Mail boss said to Pamela of her allegations: "It didn't happen, it didn't happen."

Judge d'Inverno said: "The decision [to stop sick pay] and the reasons notified...were predicated upon a number of factual inaccuracies.

"The Tribunal determined that the claimant’s [Pamela's] entitlement to sick pay continued...and that in withholding the claimant’s sick pay in that period the respondent [RM] did make an unauthorised deduction from her wages."

Pamela, who secured the victory against her employers without legal representation, told a Record reporter she was unable to comment.

She is still employed at the sorting office on East Pier Street in Bo'ness, between Grangemouth and South Queensferry.

A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “We’re reviewing the judgement and will take on board any lessons learned.”
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

TopperGas

Re: Royal Mail : 'We're reviewing the judgement and will take on board any lessons learned.' After another court case lost : Almost 4K of sick pay illegally docked by a manager she accused of bullying

Post by TopperGas »

Meanwhile on Workplace the business is continually reminding staff that this week is Mental Awareness week!
cockneyrebel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Royal Mail : 'We're reviewing the judgement and will take on board any lessons learned.' After another court case lost : Almost 4K of sick pay illegally docked by a manager she accused of bullying

Post by cockneyrebel »

SMACKS of Post Office debacle-just in a diffent scenario re it did not happen comment !!!!
CEO ?? Comment ??
And not just We will review take on board the findings !!!
Lot of people being paid lot of money in this Company
Alas they do not have is a lot of common sense, and understanding but it does not seem to matter
Lets just face it
Pay, Revisions, Sickness, Morale, Cases like this admittedly rare-but we going down the Road to Nowhere at present
Dynamism, Tact, Diplomacy, Real World, Trust !!, Share Price, Covid,
We simply lacking the Senior Personnel who can make a difference, or have the ability to respond to above issues we currently enduring
i know lots of Depots still failing daily
Service we provide not getting better is it ??
The Fundamental Basics of the job are quite simple really
COLLECT/SORT/DELIVER
Not Rocket Science !! BUT !!
Depots were once a Team !! Mr Thompson Likes that Word !
But we not anymore
To many different contracts/hours Lack of IPS Knowledge, lack of experience to adapt/improvise/overcome etc
Until we all singing from the same Hymn Sheet IT wont happen
Cases like this one-Simply Should Never Happen -its called Man Management-with respect to our female staff of course
Where in this digital age-is the face to face, out in the open conversations/discussions re People who have Understanding/Knowledge of all Aspects o
This Job and what it entails/staff endure on day to day basis ?
Leadership ??