ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Norwich Postman running London Marathon on treadmill to raise money

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Norwich Postman running London Marathon on treadmill to raise money

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://planetradio.co.uk/greatest-hits ... ise-money/

A postman from Norwich is running the equivalent of the London Marathon on a treadmill in Tesco Blue Boar Lane's tomorrow.

It's part of Jonny Wilson's latest effort to raise £2,500 for 'Make a Wish UK' and help fulfil the dreams of critically ill children in Norfolk and beyond.

"I failed after three months and it's haunted me ever since"

Jonny told us how this all started out: "I thought in 2010 that I'd grow out my hair and beard to raise money for 'Make a Wish'. Unfortunately, I failed after three months and it's haunted me ever since.

"Ten years later in 2020, I attempted it again- that's how long it was eating away at me- I managed to achieve it and doing that, I was getting people in-boxing me telling me that it'd helped them at 'Make a Wish'.

"It's really inspiring really and it's kept me going from there and made me think, I got to do more, I've got to do more".

He also told us he's fighting fit and ready to go: "I've been properly training since the start of the year and I've done a couple of challenges along the way.

"I did a charity football match last weekend and raised £350 for that. I also thought I'd do a run from Sea Palling to where I live, which I work out was about 23 miles.

"But, I took the long way round Stalham and it turns out I ran just over the marathon distance of 26.2 miles, so at least I know it's in my locker"

"I'm planning on doing this one in about five hours"
Jonny concluded by telling us that the more people that come along, the better: "Honestly I would appreciate as much support as possible because treadmill running is really boring and I'd rather be out on the road.

"I'm planning on doing this one in about five hours so that would be from 10am to 3pm.

"They can come into the store, there's a bucket there along with a QR code because not many people carry cash anymore and I'm guilty of that myself honestly".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."