ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Someone is painting Huddersfield post boxes bright green and people are furious

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Someone is painting Huddersfield post boxes bright green and people are furious

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/loc ... s-23885143

Police called in after a number were vandalised in Lepton and Fenay Bridge

Kirklees councillor and ex-postman Bernard McGuin inspects one of the Royal Mail pillar boxes that has been painted apple green in Lepton

Police have been called in after several Royal Mail pillar boxes were painted bright apple-green instead of their traditional red.

Zena Walker who runs a hardware store that used to be a Post Office in Highgate Lane, Lepton, was shocked when she turned up for work on Thursday and found one of the boxes repainted next to her store. She said: "It must have been done at some point when I left here on Wednesday at 4.30pm and when I came in at 8am on Thursday.

"I immediately reported it to the police as it is vandalism of the Queen's property. I was given a crime reference number and I want it repainted in its proper colour as soon as possible. On Thursday, it was the talk of the shop with people asking what had happened."

Kirklees councillor Bernard McGuin who represents Almondbury for the Conservatives said the repainted boxes had been discovered in Lepton Square, Rowley Hill and another on Station Road, Fenay Bridge. He said: "As you can see they are badly painted. Although I have Irish heritage I think the Royal Mail colours should be green. Residents consider what has been done as vandalism.

"Hopefully the boxes will be returned to the red of tradition. I hope we have an answer from Royal Mail about what is going on. As a dour Yorkshire Conservative, I miss the red ones." A Royal Mail spokesman said: "We do not know who repainted these postboxes, and are reporting this matter to the police. We will be repainting the boxes in the iconic red as soon as possible."

West Yorkshire Police has been contacted for comment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Someone is painting Huddersfield post boxes bright green and people are furious

Post by baldrick »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
07 May 2022, 11:57
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/loc ... s-23885143

"I immediately reported it to the police as it is vandalism of the Queen's property.
Is she unaware that Royal Mail has been privatised?
NWpostie

Re: Someone is painting Huddersfield post boxes bright green and people are furious

Post by NWpostie »

"As you can see they are badly painted. Although I have Irish heritage I think the Royal Mail colours should be green. Residents consider what has been done as vandalism
Obviously somebody trying impose an Irish viewpoint here, it should not be green because it's located in the United Kingdom NOT Irish Republic, no need for political point scoring.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

NWpostie wrote:
08 May 2022, 08:53
"As you can see they are badly painted. Although I have Irish heritage I think the Royal Mail colours should be green. Residents consider what has been done as vandalism
Obviously somebody trying impose an Irish viewpoint here, it should not be green because it's located in the United Kingdom NOT Irish Republic, no need for political point scoring.
Or the reporter made a mistake :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Woody Guthrie

Post by Woody Guthrie »

NWpostie wrote:
08 May 2022, 08:53
Maybe just a purist, originally post boxes were painted green to blend in with the countryside, wasn't until 1884 they were painted red.

They were/are only painted red to make them more visible because nobody could find them.
Only dead fish follow the current
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

Quick, someone in Huddersfield win an Olympic medal so they don't repaint it red. :roll:
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

My guess it was Si. (I presume Teebs has an alibi)
Royal Mail should be greener.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

We have a green postbox in the City of London.
https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/articles/sp ... don-29037/

Screenshot 2022-05-10 07.50.17.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

Green postbox in Manchester.
https://www.humbugshouse.wordpress.com/ ... -of-boxes/

Screenshot 2022-05-10 08.27.59.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

And Haslemere, Surrey.
https://www.lightwater.wordpress.com/20 ... s-be-seen/

Screenshot 2022-05-10 08.44.44.png
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

Royal Mail painted four postboxes green across UK for Xmas 2020.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 22106.html

Screenshot 2022-05-10 08.57.49.png
postslippete

Post by postslippete »

Why Huddersfield??

Green Day concert at the John Smith's Stadium? :hmmmm
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by nutcracker »

Personally I’d go for brown to commemorate our quality of service this year.
Beanyjazz wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 08:35
'Look at me Mummy, I made £25, and it only cost me 1 knee'. Get a life.