ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Didcot and Wantage lets constituents quiz Royal Mail on postal delays

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Didcot and Wantage lets constituents quiz Royal Mail on postal delays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19873 ... al-delays/

In response to many complaints, David Johnston, MP for Wantage and Didcot, will be chairing a meeting next month regarding postal delays.

Constituents will be invited to attend and will have the opportunity to quiz Royal Mail management on this issue.

They will be able to put their concerns and questions directly to representatives from Royal Mail HQ, the Communication Workers Union, as well as local delivery offices.

This comes after complaints to Mr Johnston have once again increased, and both he and constituents feel dissatisfied with the replies they receive from Royal Mail HQ.

Read more: Pictures from the Thames Water protest in Port Meadow

Mr Johnston said: “I’ve said throughout this period that our postmen and women have been working very hard, but something clearly isn’t right in the management of Royal Mail when my constituents pay more and more for a service they don’t receive.

“The meeting I will chair next month will let local residents put the problems they’ve been having directly to Royal Mail so they can get to the bottom of why they’ve been experiencing problems.”

The MP has received more complaints about Royal Mail than any other organisation since he was elected in 2019 and has been regularly raising this in Parliament and in meetings with Ministers.

Last year, he led a debate in parliament on the performance of Royal Mail where he put the concerns of constituents directly to the Minister for Postal Affairs.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."