ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail must invest its profits to end distressing delays to deliveries

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... deliveries

Labour MP Catherine West on Royal Mail’s failure to deal with postal delays, and John and Judy Watson on a late-arriving Christmas card

Labour MP Catherine West on Royal Mail’s failure to deal with postal delays, and John and Judy Watson on a late-arriving Christmas card

‘I have received countless distressing emails from residents who have missed urgent cancer referrals, not received death certificates for loved ones, or spent Christmas alone and isolating without a single card or gift arriving,’ writes Catherine West.

Many of the complaints that Royal Mail has received (Report, 25 January) are from my Hornsey and Wood Green constituents, as for the second year running our community has been one of the hardest-hit by postal delays. I have had countless distressing emails from residents who have missed urgent cancer referrals, not received death certificates for loved ones, or spent Christmas alone and isolating without a single card or gift arriving.

Royal Mail reported pre-tax profits of £315m in the six months to the end of September, up from £17m a year earlier. It has a near monopoly on letter deliveries, but where’s the investment in enough temporary staff to deal with the backlog and support our hard-working posties?

I’ve already written to Ofcom to urge it to use its regulatory powers to act. Residents and small businesses deserve better.
Catherine West MP
Labour, Hornsey and Wood Green

Could this be the most delayed Christmas card this year? First-class stamp, date-stamped by Royal Mail in Southampton on 23 December; received 15 January in Manchester.
John and Judy Watson
Manchester
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Wolf91

Re: Royal Mail must invest its profits to end distressing delays to deliveries

Post by Wolf91 »

They don’t care about your NHS appointments arriving on time. They won’t reinvest their colossal profit. They pay it out to shareholders (the priority over the public); then blame coronavirus and the humble postie for delays to Mail. Still taking money for services they know full well they cannot provide.
In reality it is down to massive under-resourcing, and forced through revisions to boost the share price.
There’s been a game of musical chairs going on at the top of Royal Mail these last few weeks, which tells you all you need to know: Zero accountability from Simon & co, and desperately trying to push the blame anywhere than where the blame actually lies; with them.
derekm

Post by derekm »

Totally agree with previous post shareholders is all that matters
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

In summary, Royal Mail need to give a s**t - but they don't.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
simmo11

Post by simmo11 »

I can beat Mr and Mrs Watson - card posted 18 December, delivered 20 January. First class, within the city of Manchester.
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 08:50
It has a near monopoly on letter deliveries
Who is our next nearest competitor? The Scouts?
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by paulus103 »

Mr Rush wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 20:21
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 08:50
It has a near monopoly on letter deliveries
Who is our next nearest competitor? The Scouts?
Nobody wants letters.