ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Warfield residents fundraise in support for local post woman

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Warfield residents fundraise in support for local post woman

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/19 ... ost-woman/

A Warfield community have rallied together to support their local post woman in the aftermath of her husband’s tragic passing.

Phillipa, who is a dedicated member of the local community has been working in the Warfield residential park for seven years.

After over a year of ill-health, her husband, Nick, sadly passed away last weekend, leaving her and her 13 year old son, Jack.

Steve Cartright, a Warfield park resident has created a Just Giving page as a gesture of appreciation for her and the work that she does.

The page was originally created to ‘help her financially or perhaps treat her and her son, Jack to do something together in Nick’s memory.’

Setting out to raise £500, donations have surpassed expectation. So far, the total amount that has been raised is £2,680.

Mr Cartwright said: “She has been working through all the lockdowns over the last 2 years whilst looking after her husband.

“She is such a lovely lady, very friendly and goes out of her way to help all us residents on the park.”

The residents of Warfield Park have been quick to post messages of condolence and leave generous donations on the fundraising page, all commiserating her husband’s early death.

Jan and Tom Aldridge said: "So sad to hear of your husband’s sudden death, please know that we on The Park, all care for you and feel your loss."

To donate to the Just Giving page and support Phillipa go here.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."