ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Complaints rise over Royal Mail post delays

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Complaints rise over Royal Mail post delays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/leisur ... st-delays/

ACUTE staff shortages at the Royal Mail offices in Chippenham have left some residents fuming as they still await letters, cards and presents sent before Christmas.

Complaints began to rise after people noticed that birthday and Christmas cards, letters and parcels sent weeks ago failed to arrive at their destinations on time.

The town’s Royal Mail offices at Bumpers Way on the Bumpers Farm estate are allegedly short of around 20 staff due to Covid-19 pandemic sickness and managers’ failure to replace staff who have left.

One customer said: “Still waiting for my birthday cards. Should have been here on December 17.

“My cousin went to sorting office on Bumpers Farm and asked for his mail as he is waiting for important documents, then overdue, and received a large handful.”

One woman said: “They are doing the best they can under the circumstances. They are taking it in turns and do parcels one day, post the next, as they have such a backlog of work.”

Mail delivery has been delayed by up to three weeks because up to 50 per cent of the staff at the centre are on sick leave or have left.

Acknowledging the staffing and backlog issues, a Royal Mail spokesperson said: “The vast majority of mail is delivered safely and on time. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week.

“In the local area, we are experiencing some delays to service due to high levels of sickness absence, Covid-related self-isolation and resourcing issues.

“We apologise to any customers who may have experienced delays to their mail. We have been working hard to get our levels of service back to normal as soon as possible and the situation is improving.

“Anyone who has concerns over the delivery of their mail should contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740 740 or via the Royal Mail website www.royalmail.com.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

chickenwittle

Re: Complaints rise over Royal Mail post delays

Post by chickenwittle »

If only the public knew the backlog isn’t due to Covid absences, it’s due to under staffing, unmanageable workloads and Royal Mail refusing to pay the overtime to get everything cleared.
deltaforce

Post by deltaforce »

Amazon coped quite well throughout, RM excuses appear a bit weak.
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

It seems areas affected by staff shortages are making the news more than ever now it's becoming apparent there's an issue throughout the country, my questions are has it come to a head ? What steps are going to be taken and when ? Surely someone must have an idea.
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

And still the silence of Terry ,,