ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail addresses delivery delays in Watford

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail addresses delivery delays in Watford

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/ ... s-watford/

High levels of staff being sick has contributed to many houses in Watford not receiving their mail, as one house claims they have not received their deliveries in nearly a month.

Since December, there have been quite a few complaints from people around Watford circulating online that their Royal Mail deliveries are being extremely delayed.

One person from South Oxhey who contacted the Watford Observer claimed they have yet to receive any letters from the Royal Mail since December 15.

A few other people have shared their complaints that items that many items that were expected for Christmas did not arrive in time.

Now the Royal Mail has said that there have been some delays specifically in Watford due to “high levels of sickness absence and Covid related self-isolation”.

A spokesperson said that deliveries are operating “as normal across most of the country” and it aims to deliver to all addresses for six days a week.

The spokesperson apologised to anyone in Watford affected by the delays and said “we are working hard to get our levels of service back to normal as soon as possible.”

However while the Royal Mail claims that deliveries are operating “as normal” in most places, Chesham and Amersham MP Sarah Green, who represents the areas just a short drive away, says there has been “ongoing delivery problems locally”.
Anyone who has concerns about their deliveries should contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740 740 or via the Royal Mail website www.royalmail.com.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."