ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail apologises for 'months' of delays to post in Buckinghamshire

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail apologises for 'months' of delays to post in Buckinghamshire

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.buckinghamshirelive.com/new ... ys-6458332

The issue has drawn criticism from the area's MP as well as the leader of Buckinghamshire Council as those living in Bucks miss vital post

Royal Mail has issued an apology for disruption to the postal service after angering people in Buckinghamshire.

Those living in Amersham and surrounding areas have faced ‘months’ of issues, with many complaining they have not received important post.

Scores of people living in the town and in the villages of Chalfont St Giles and Little Chalfont say they have yet to receive vital appointment letters.

Read more: Amersham town centre pub hopes to extend opening hours - but people living nearby aren't happy

The issue has now attracted the attention of the Chesham & Amersham MP, Sarah Green, and Buckinghamshire Council leader Martin Tett.

Ms Green said she held a meeting with Royal Mail's Home Counties North service delivery manager on Friday, January 7.

The Liberal Democrat MP told constituents that she was informed that new staff have been employed and will be starting work over the next two weeks.

She added: "I was assured that recruitment efforts are already underway, with new staff members taking up their posts both this week and next. The Royal Mail are also looking to employ additional staff from agencies.

"I hope that the positive impact of this strengthened workforce will be seen by constituents in the coming weeks.

"As a short-term measure, I have requested that the hours during which mail can be collected from the Amersham Delivery Office be extended. This is currently being explored and I will update you as soon as I hear more.

"I am also looking forward to visiting the Amersham Delivery Office next week to speak with staff and receive a further update on the situation."

Meanwhile, Cllr Tett (Con, Little Chalfont & Amersham Common) said he has written a letter of complaint to Royal Mail bosses on behalf of neighbours in the Amersham area.

He said he wrote to Keith Williams, the chairman of Royal Mail, to voice his concerns.

Cllr Tett slammed the current service as “unacceptable” and said those living in the area had experienced problems for more than three months.

A spokesperson for Royal Mail told BuckinghamshireLive that the delays to the service have been due in part to staff sickness.

The spokesperson said: “In Amersham, we have been experiencing some delays to service due to resourcing issues and sickness absence.

“We would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience experienced.

“We have been working hard to get our levels of service back to normal as soon as possible and the situation is improving.

“The vast majority of mail is delivered safely and on time. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week.

“Anyone who has concerns over the delivery of their mail should contact the Royal Mail customer service team on 03457 740 740 or via the Royal Mail website www.royalmail.com.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

cockneyrebel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Royal Mail apologises for ‘months’ of delays to post in Buckinghamshire

Post by cockneyrebel »

Buckinghamshire/Leicestershire/Manchester/Most parts of London/ Cardiff/ West midlands / Berkshire /South Coast/ Oxfordshire
To name but a few !!!
is there anywhere in the UK delivering normally ??? Surely must be somewhere !!!!!
Mick100

Re: Royal Mail apologises for 'months' of delays to post in Buckinghamshire

Post by Mick100 »

Not at my office absolute shambles and we ain’t on the naughty list I wonder how long the list would be if they told the truth
fojacko

Post by fojacko »

I know it's not the root of the issue, but maybe the delays wouldn't be so bad if the only mail we received wasn't addressed "to the occupier".The only mail we've had since new years is 4 bits of junk addressed to no-one in specific, my street consists of 60 houses, assuming we all got the same junk, that's 240 bits of "mail" that nobody asked for. I know you can opt out, but that's besides the point. Royal mail must be getting some £££ if i'm recieving that rubbish over important mail like test results. Don't even get me started on the environmental impact of this junk. Waste of both human and earthly resources, maybe RM should get themselves together before resuming D2D drops.
DDDJAM36
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by DDDJAM36 »

Unfortunately global economy knows no shame , and if Royal Mail can make an extra quid profit from the pointless marketing junk mail rubbish that gets shoved through our doors every week , they will continue to honour the process. It is a totally wasteful service , with literally tons of marketing junk mail , essentially , going straight to landfill. The amount of cardboard, paper, plastic and packaging that already comes through depots, day in, day out, is shocking. If it all gets recycled , it would be fine , but i doubt 1/3 of it is !!
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by WASD »

Royal Mail:

"We're totally and completely sorry we got caught"

:d'oh!