ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

First-class postman receives community thank you

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

First-class postman receives community thank you

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.breckland.gov.uk/article/18 ... -thank-you

Chairman of Breckland council, Cllr Roy Brame and local Redgate residents have come together to personally thank local Thetford postman, Robert Allen, who has gone above and beyond in helping the local community stay safe and connected during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Robert has been working for Royal Mail in the Thetford area for several years. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, he has helped residents stay connected, checked on vulnerable residents and always offered a smile and time to chat to residents living alone during lockdown. He was often the only personal contact residents had during the pandemic.

Local residents Pauline Pik, Anne Davies, Chris Goddard and Barbara Coulson wanted to thank Robert for his first-class service, and to show the local community's heartfelt appreciation residents contributed over £500 for their much-loved postman. Robert was presented with a special delivery of three luxury hampers, afternoon tea and restaurant vouchers, and a special portrait to recognise his contribution to the local community.

Cllr Roy Brame presented Robert with the thank-you gifts and commented: "Postal staff have been truly amazing during the pandemic, and Robert Allen is testament to that service. He has not only been out in the community completing his rounds, delivering parcels and letters to residents, but also offered that vital human connection to the outside world for many residents who have had to go through shielding. I want to offer my praise and thanks to Robert, and his colleagues, who have helped so many over the last two years."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."