ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon is hiring Christmas workers 15 minutes from London who could earn GBP173 a day

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon is hiring Christmas workers 15 minutes from London who could earn GBP173 a day

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/ama ... 5-22311266

Amazon is paying their staff up to £21.60 for overtime hours

Christmas could be a big payday for Londoners looking to take advantage of increased hourly rates over the festive period.

Companies such as Royal Mail, Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s and many others have already made thousands of hires to prepare for the Christmas rush.

One company still pushing to get people through the door to help with the growing demands is Amazon.

READ MORE: The Christmas jobs in London you can get now that pay up to £15.75 an hour from Royal Mail to Ann Summers

They are looking for a number of positions to be filled in their warehouse near Watford.

They are offering pretty generous pay to those willing to work as a temporary, full time, parcel sorter.

Although basic pay is £11.10 for a dayshift, workers can really make some money from their night shift and even more from their overtime pay.

Night shift workers are paid £13.06 with overtime rates being as high as £21.60.

Clearly the massive multinational is hoping to entice those who are reluctant to join because of their poor reputation around their treatment of workers.

Earlier this year a scandal around the company to do with their workers being forced to ‘pee in bottles’ forced Amazon to acknowledge that the practice did happen.

With other accusations levelled at the company including union-busting and treating workers “like robots,” it’s safe to say that the generous pay comes with its own cost.

However, working in the roles in Watford offer people the opportunity to earn plenty of money just in time for Christmas.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

ssdd

Re: Amazon is hiring Christmas workers 15 minutes from London who could earn GBP173 a day

Post by ssdd »

amazon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Amazon is hiring Christmas workers 15 minutes from London who could earn GBP173 a day

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

I expect a lot of those London posties who only have 2 hour duties and are finished by 11 am will be applying.
It's better than working your days off on SA.
Why not phone up Robin Hood