ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Widnes postal service members raise over GBP12,000 on sponsored walk

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Widnes postal service members raise over GBP12,000 on sponsored walk

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk ... ored-walk/

MEMBERS of the Widnes postal service raised an incredible £12,000 on a sponsored walk for their colleague’s terminally ill son.

The walk from the Albert Dock in Liverpool to the Mill Brow Social Club in Widnes was organised by Stephen Kelly and Danny Carolan to raise money towards an all-terrain wheelchair for 7-year-old Arthur McCormick-Hughes.

On 14 November, 48 people completed the 15-and-a-half mile journey in just over five hours.

Stephen said: “The day was perfect and we raised an unbelievable amount for Arthur.

“We were absolutely delighted with the turnout and everyone that took part did really well.”

Arthur suffers from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, which is an incurable, life-limiting disease characterised by progressive muscle degeneration and weakness.

Although Arthur can walk at the moment, he will be confined to a wheelchair in the not too distant future.

The wheelchair, which will cost £18,000, would mean Arthur can enjoy days out with his family and have a greater level of independence.

Stephen and Danny were overwhelmed to receive £12,000 in donations, far surpassing their original target of £500.

Arthur’s dad Matthew and grandad Tony also took part in the walk and everyone came together for a drink in the social club afterwards.

Stephen added: “It was very emotional for Arthur’s family to see the number of people who had come forward to play a part in such a special day.

“They were overjoyed at people’s generosity.”

Stephen and Danny would like to thank everybody who took part in the walk and donated, including the Mill Brow Social Club, and singers Jody Holland, Scott Commanchie, Tony Swift and Alan Gill.

You can donate to the GoFundMe page here: https://gofund.me/adbbf30c
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."