ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hero postman save elderly woman's life by dragging her from burning home

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Hero postman save elderly woman's life by dragging her from burning home

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/h ... s-25515298

David Flinn, 45, reacted swiftly after he saw the elderly woman on her hands and knees at her home in Menai Bridge, Anglesey

Postman David Flinn saved the life of an elderly woman after dragging her from her burning home

A postman has saved the life of an elderly woman after dragging her from her burning home.

David Flinn, 45, had finished his rounds on November 15 and was on his way to the gym when he noticed smoke coming out of a bungalow.

The hero postie - who previously had 13 years experience as a fireman - stopped immediately, dialled 999 and ran into the house.

He stopped his car, called the fire service and ran to the house.

The dad-of-three said he "heard some groans coming from the living room" - and saw the elderly woman on her hands and knees at her home in Menai Bridge, Anglesey.

David found the woman on her hands and knees at her home in Menai Bridge, Anglesey, after running into the burning building

He said: "I had 13 years of experience as a firefighter and I know what to do in these circumstances.

"I dragged her from the living room but it was a struggle to get her any further because she was a dead weight.

"Luckily a woman was driving by at this point and I managed to flag her down and she helped me get her out."

Within approximately five minutes of evacuating the lady from her property, the emergency services arrived at the scene and an ambulance took her to hospital.

The hero postie - who previously had 13 years experience as a fireman - stopped immediately, dialled 999 and ran into the house

The fire service has since confirmed that she did not suffer any serious injuries and was discharged shortly afterwards.

David added: "All in all, it was quite a mad morning. I've not been in the fire service for around two years so I've not been involved in this kind of situation for some time.

"Personally, I think the house could have gone up if it had been left for a few more minutes. Luckily a police officer and her husband, who works for a gas company, live nearby. The husband turned the gas off in case the bungalow went up.

"Obviously these kind of situations are best left to the fire service, but I felt compelled to help given my experience.

David said he was just happy to get her out of the way
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."